Fairview vs. Bracken County (1A Round 1)

LVGambla32

Fairview vs. Bracken County (1A Round 1)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Fairview vs. Bracken County (1A Round 1)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a difficult game to predict. Depends if everyone is healthy. I'm gonna lean towards Bracken

Very tough. Fairview has played a tough schedule, but Brooksville is gonna be off its hinges Friday night. I'm pulling hard for my Polar Bears.

I have a question for Bracken County fans. I don't want to derail this thread and will open a thread on this topic if the discussion takes over the game talk.

Every year we have a lot of discussion about the football playoffs and round one games that are blowouts. Two years ago Bracken County played a first-round game at Beechwood and lost 62 to 0. The seniors on this Bracken County team, and maybe some of the juniors, played in that game. I wonder what their thoughts are about that game? Would it have been better to have not played it? Are they glad they played it and believe there was some benefit from it?

Because of the success Bracken County had this season they have a different perspective on a round one loss like that and I am interested in hearing their views

Would like to see a Polar Bear supporter talk about the "never quit" in this team. Isn't it two weeks in a row (?) that BC has put together length of field comeback drives in the last minute to win. Wasn't there a 3rd earlier season comeback win. How about the confidence Coach Sizemore had in going for the two pt conversion (rather than the tie) in the win over Nicholas. You don't find these dramatic comeback results, let alone multiple times. I think this speaks to the true spirit of reaching down and giving everything you've got to the final whistle. That's why I pick BC to be a handful for Fairview.

I think there are a lot of BGP readers that would appreciate the BC story. Perhaps VOR's post and anticipated responses frame the trial by fire grit thes Polar Bears have.

I have a question for Bracken County fans. I don't want to derail this thread and will open a thread on this topic if the discussion takes over the game talk.

Every year we have a lot of discussion about the football playoffs and round one games that are blowouts. Two years ago Bracken County played a first-round game at Beechwood and lost 62 to 0. The seniors on this Bracken County team, and maybe some of the juniors, played in that game. I wonder what their thoughts are about that game? Would it have been better to have not played it? Are they glad they played it and believe there was some benefit from it?

Because of the success Bracken County had this season they have a different perspective on a round one loss like that and I am interested in hearing their views

Same thing last year when the Polar Bears played Paintsville first round. Paintsville sat starters in the second quarter and it was tough for Bracken but then look what a season they've put together this year! You can't tell me playing Beechwood then the next year first round playing Paintsville didn't help these boys grow! I know it was a tough couple years but seems that it's been worth it and made this Bracken County team what it is now! A solid 1A football team! I couldn't have been happier following the Polar Bears season this year!! Great season and hopefully we will see you guys in round 2! Should make for a good one!

I remember that game very well and that bracken learned nothing from that. We lost both starting qb's that season along with many other kids hurt I think they got a lot more playing Paintsville because Sizemore was able to take a lot from that game and make proper adjustments on the offseason. Bringing in more coaches may be the biggest plus it was just Sizemore and Burley for years so players may not have got a lot of help when needed but I'm glad something is working.

Would like to see a Polar Bear supporter talk about the "never quit" in this team. Isn't it two weeks in a row (?) that BC has put together length of field comeback drives in the last minute to win. Wasn't there a 3rd earlier season comeback win. How about the confidence Coach Sizemore had in going for the two pt conversion (rather than the tie) in the win over Nicholas. You don't find these dramatic comeback results, let alone multiple times. I think this speaks to the true spirit of reaching down and giving everything you've got to the final whistle. That's why I pick BC to be a handful for Fairview.

I think there are a lot of BGP readers that would appreciate the BC story. Perhaps VOR's post and anticipated responses frame the trial by fire grit thes Polar Bears have.

I have yet to watch them play. But three games were decided on the last score in the last minutes. -a 4th was one they lost in the waning minutes. A few blowouts and a quality win over Harlan and Bath.

If anyone other than Coach Sizemore wins 1A I'll be shocked. This has been a story book season for the Polar Bears.

This looks like one of the best games in the state on Friday and I'm thinking about making the trip up to Bracken for this game. Anything I need to know about parking, seating, etc.?

Arrive early. There's parking at the HS, but you'll have to walk back to the field. Seating is VERY limited. The concessions are pretty decent. If you choose to eat in town, there are a few options:

Subway- enough said.

Snappy Tomato- no indoor seating

Donna's Place- pretty solid burger at a reasonable price.

I noticed only one bleacher set on Google maps. How early is "early"?

Yes. One set of relatively small bleachers. Since this is the first home playoff game in school history, I'd say you better be there by 4:30 or 5 at the latest. I'd say some will be parking as soon as school gets out if they can.