Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seattle 6 Arizona 6 (TIE)

Featured Replies

1.) This is a prime example of why NFL ratings are down.

 

2.) No sport should EVER end in a tie. Ever. What a waste.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't disagree that games shouldn't end in a tie, but NEITHER of these teams deserved to win.

I don't disagree that games shouldn't end in a tie, but NEITHER of these teams deserved to win.

 

Exactly. Why would you award a team a victory for that disaster? (Part of it I actually thought was captivating)

 

W > T > L

I watched the entire game it really was a good thing being a tie in my opinion neither defense deserved to lose and neither offense deserved to win.

 

I'd agree there.

As I mentioned in the other thread, people bashing Nugent might feel better about him after watching these kickers tonight.

 

I can't see how Catanzaro keeps his job, Coach Bruce has to be pulling out what hair he has left.

As I mentioned in the other thread, people bashing Nugent might feel better about him after watching these kickers tonight.

 

Nugent has deserved his bashing through the years. The majority of NFL teams wouldn't have kept a kicker this long who does not have a strong leg and can almost always count it as a miss on any long kick, in an age where kickers are starting to make longer kickers more regularly.

 

Now Arizona kicker also probably should lose his job too. Seattle's kicker usually is more reliable.

Nugent has deserved his bashing through the years. The majority of NFL teams wouldn't have kept a kicker this long who does not have a strong leg and can almost always count it as a miss on any long kick, in an age where kickers are starting to make longer kickers more regularly.

 

Now Arizona kicker also probably should lose his job too. Seattle's kicker usually is more reliable.

 

There's no arguing that Catanzaro's miss was brutal and inexcusable. That said, it's just his second miss on the year (not counting the one that Seattle blocked), and the first one was when there was a bad snap on the kick, which threw his timing off, and he pulled a 47 yard potential game winner. That both his misses were potential game-winners probably magnifies it, but he's been a very reliable kicker for them (he hit a 60 yard field goal earlier in the year). He's also 17/18 on the PATs.

 

He should have made it, but I also thought they should have centered the ball for him. Ball in the center of the field, he nails that. FWIW I thought Seattle did a disservice to Hauschka as well, seeming to rush a bit on that last kick when they could have called a timeout to make sure everyone was settled.

FWIW I thought Seattle did a disservice to Hauschka as well, seeming to rush a bit on that last kick when they could have called a timeout to make sure everyone was settled.

 

That's exactly what I'm saying. There was no reason to hurry the kick like that.

I watched two Premiere League soccer games on Saturday. Over 190 minutes of "action" with no scoring whatsoever. Ugh.

 

This game was worse.

 

Why? You couldn't find a college football game on better than that? I'd rather watch Lehigh play Lafayette than that:lol2:

I can't see how Catanzaro keeps his job, Coach Bruce has to be pulling out what hair he has left.

 

I saw Arians talking about the miss after the game. He was NOT happy. He said that "he just HAS to make it. This is not high school. He is paid a lot of money to make that kick and he has to make it". I am sure today was not fun for Catanzaro- or Hauschka for that matter...

That's exactly what I'm saying. There was no reason to hurry the kick like that.

 

Ha, you know, clearly I'd read what you'd posted and it seeped into my brain, because I now realize I said almost word for word what you did! Definitely right, no reason at all. In between the two teams, it was just a really poorly managed game.

There's no arguing that Catanzaro's miss was brutal and inexcusable. That said, it's just his second miss on the year (not counting the one that Seattle blocked), and the first one was when there was a bad snap on the kick, which threw his timing off, and he pulled a 47 yard potential game winner. That both his misses were potential game-winners probably magnifies it, but he's been a very reliable kicker for them (he hit a 60 yard field goal earlier in the year). He's also 17/18 on the PATs.

 

He should have made it, but I also thought they should have centered the ball for him. Ball in the center of the field, he nails that. FWIW I thought Seattle did a disservice to Hauschka as well, seeming to rush a bit on that last kick when they could have called a timeout to make sure everyone was settled.

 

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize how good he has been most of the year and how strong his leg. The announcers kept saying they have had field goal trouble all year so I assumed he was part of the problem.

Heard Russell Wilson put some idea out there to keep games from ending in ties, but wasn't sure what he said? Anybody?

Heard Russell Wilson put some idea out there to keep games from ending in ties, but wasn't sure what he said? Anybody?

 

One field goal from the 35 for one team. Make it and win. Miss it and lose. Crazy idea.

One field goal from the 35 for one team. Make it and win. Miss it and lose. Crazy idea.

 

Yeah, that's dumb.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.