Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 1 Highlands 0 (9th Region Finals)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to NDA. Good luck with your next game.

Congrats to the most dominant program in NKY - 6 Region titles in a row and counting, and did it in a year when injuries took a heavy toll. Pandas also earned it the hard way taking down both NCC and Highlands. They are the class of Region 9 (even though the Maher rankings got it wrong pretty much all season)

The best team won the 9th regardless of the regular season record and who beat who during. Some of these coaches need to realize that regular season means nothing they need to use it to get their team ready for tournament play.

Congrats to the most dominant program in NKY - 6 Region titles in a row and counting, and did it in a year when injuries took a heavy toll. Pandas also earned it the hard way taking down both NCC and Highlands. They are the class of Region 9 (even though the Maher rankings got it wrong pretty much all season)

 

Six region titles in a row is impressive. Nice job Pandas!

The best team won the 9th regardless of the regular season record and who beat who during. Some of these coaches need to realize that regular season means nothing they need to use it to get their team ready for tournament play.

 

Did you even see the game? I'd say both teams were ready and it was an even game. A missed call from being a tie game.

 

Are you suggesting Highlands didn't prepare for the post season with their schedule and NDA did? Both schedules were about as strong as you could make them while still playing the required conference games. Either team could've won and the other teams in the region were a notch below imo. Nda is on an impressive run, but both will be the teams to beat for the foreseeable future.

A missed call from being a tie game.

What does that mean?
The best team won the 9th regardless of the regular season record and who beat who during. Some of these coaches need to realize that regular season means nothing they need to use it to get their team ready for tournament play.

 

?? Highlands had one of the toughest schedules that you will ever find for the regular season. This comment is off base.

  • Author

Can someone who saw the game give some details? How was the goal scored? Any blatant missed calls? Number of penalties, cards, corners?

Can someone who saw the game give some details? How was the goal scored? Any blatant missed calls? Number of penalties, cards, corners?

It was a very chippy game from what I saw, I don't think it was ever out of control but emotions and tempers were right on the cusp. A few cards, one ref that was a second caution, well deserved she had accumulated quite a few fouls even after the first yellow.

 

The goal was a nice bit of teamwork from ND.

 

Highlands just didn't play that well from what I saw. Certainly not what I expected after the first shoreline.

Bothways,

I will assume Truthwilliams55 was talking about an offsides call on Highlands late in the game where they scored on the play but it was waved off. I was standing on the path at that end of the field, but 10-15 yards from "the line". I can't say positively either way whether it was a good call or not. My gut at the time was that the striker was on. It was close and it was a great through ball. Full disclosure: I wasn't there rooting either side, but rooting for an excellent 9th Region final -- and NDA vs HHS delivered. Both of these programs make girls soccer in the entire area much better. Congratulations to Highlands on a great season. Congratulations, and best wishes to Notre Dame on winning State!

It was a very chippy game from what I saw, I don't think it was ever out of control but emotions and tempers were right on the cusp. A few cards, one ref that was a second caution, well deserved she had accumulated quite a few fouls even after the first yellow.

 

 

Do you have video to support this? Surely in today's day and age you can provide video evidence to support your claims. :D

The best team won the 9th regardless of the regular season record and who beat who during. Some of these coaches need to realize that regular season means nothing they need to use it to get their team ready for tournament play.

 

Winning one game by one goal doesn't clearly say to me who the best team is overall -just who was the best that night. I didn't see the game and I didn't see either of these teams play. I am just saying in soccer a 1-0 win in a game means you beat someone that night, and that is it. It isn't proof of a team's entire season. I have seen many soccer games where one team clearly controlled the action, took more shots, had more shots on goal and lost the match.

Do you have video to support this? Surely in today's day and age you can provide video evidence to support your claims. :D

I don't but I know someone that does. I just choose not to hunt them down to make them post it. :D

Anyone have more details on the 2 yellows/red card ejection? How much time was left when this occurred? Also, who was the player that was ejected?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.