Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best team all time in Nky?

Featured Replies

Antoine Brown, and I believe he was a lefty, very strong kid.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw in the 02-03 St. Henry team as one of the all time best teams in NKY. Probably not the best, but top 10. Lost in first round of sweet 16 by 2 points to eventual champ Mason Co.(Masons closest game of the tourney). They lead until starting center Schmidt hurt his leg. What could of been.

:cry:

 

That St. Henry team was very good, but they aren't top 10 all-time in NKY. Dixie, Ryle, and Highlands all beat them during the season. SK may have gotten them as well.

That St. Henry team was very good, but they aren't top 10 all-time in NKY. Dixie, Ryle, and Highlands all beat them during the season. SK may have gotten them as well.

That was maybe the best year for NKY Hoops ever. I guess that's for another thread...

The 1990 Holmes team was a great team. Absolutley loaded but the shame of it was that they came back in 91 with pretty much everyone back and didnt make it out of the region.

 

Yeah, the 90 team was absolutely loaded. Deepest team I've ever seen in NKY, I bet practices were a lot of fun. Unfortunately for them the 90 season produced what I think is one of the best teams of all time in the state in Fairdale.

 

The 91 season did bring C. Pouncy, the Hayes brothers, Marshall, Brown, Eilers (I think) et al. back. But the heart of the team graduated. They never found a replacement for Hughes.

That was maybe the best year for NKY Hoops ever. I guess that's for another thread...

 

Highlands only lost something like 3 games that year I think. 1 was to Covington Catholic @ HHS - another was to Mason Co. & Chris Lofton in one of those big Christmas Tournaments.

 

The next year Cov Cath ran the table in NKY.

I have no bias against SK. I said they were a very good team, just not the best that N KY has ever produced.

 

I do think Holmes 78, 90, and 80's team were the best to come out of N KY.

As I have said twice now, these three teams were voted the best all time in N KY by fans and the media a few years back in a poll conducted by the KY Post.

 

Yeh well then I guess it must be right huh, sense the news paper said so...

I'll throw in the 02-03 St. Henry team as one of the all time best teams in NKY. Probably not the best, but top 10. Lost in first round of sweet 16 by 2 points to eventual champ Mason Co.(Masons closest game of the tourney). They lead until starting center Schmidt hurt his leg. What could of been.

:cry:

 

I dunno about even top 10 but that team did play well together, and I don't see any way MC stops them if Shcmidt hadn't got hurt. I was pretty urked about how that one played out...

That St. Henry team was very good, but they aren't top 10 all-time in NKY. Dixie, Ryle, and Highlands all beat them during the season. SK may have gotten them as well.

 

No but darnit they should've, we hated those stupid chants, although we had some good ones, theirs just made me want to punch something. Could've been the fact that we were losing, gee I dunno...

That was maybe the best year for NKY Hoops ever. I guess that's for another thread...

 

My senior year, and I loved it. I'll agree with you on that GT. Awesome year, with so much energy from all schools and lots of good teams.

Highlands only lost something like 3 games that year I think. 1 was to Covington Catholic @ HHS - another was to Mason Co. & Chris Lofton in one of those big Christmas Tournaments.

 

The next year Cov Cath ran the table in NKY.

 

Another was SK, I remember that regional game, it was crazy. Great game, say whatever happened to old Neltner?

Yeh well then I guess it must be right huh, sense the news paper said so...

 

The KY Post was just stating what the voting was by the fans and media.

 

If you don't believe the results, that is your problem.

Another was SK, I remember that regional game, it was crazy. Great game, say whatever happened to old Neltner?

 

He went to LSU and transferred to Vandy last year. He had to sit out a year at Vandy, and should be playing this year for Kevin Stallings.

 

FWIW, his sister (who was a swimmer at LSU) also transferred out of Baton Rouge.

I dunno about even top 10 but that team did play well together, and I don't see any way MC stops them if Shcmidt hadn't got hurt. I was pretty urked about how that one played out...

 

I think St. Henry would have lost even with Schmidt. It was turnovers from Mason County's pressure that did in the Crusaders, and Schmidt wasn't exactly their best ball handler.

 

Mason County also I thought looked leaps and bounds better in the finals than they did in that game.

I think St. Henry would have lost even with Schmidt. It was turnovers from Mason County's pressure that did in the Crusaders, and Schmidt wasn't exactly their best ball handler.

 

Mason County also I thought looked leaps and bounds better in the finals than they did in that game.

 

Not their best ball handler, but had the most size, MC couldn't stop him inside the paint and he was one of the teams best passers. I really find it hard to believe it's much of a game if he's still in it. MC won buy a single basket, and just as you said it all came together after Schmidt was out of that St. Henry line up.

  • Author

I might be totally wrong here but I seem to remember hearing about Holmes playing Oak Hill Academy back in the early 90's maybe? I think I remember people talking about Stackhouse being on that team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.