Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

David Sloan

Featured Replies

per Evan Daniels tweet he is transferring from Ballard to Conrad Academy in Orlando FL

 

was he ever declared eligible at Ballard?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard he wasn't declared eligible

  • Author
I heard he wasn't declared eligible

 

Explains the move, figured he would end up at a bigger name prep school, although I know nothing about Conrad Academy (after looking online my first reaction, if I found the correct school is WOW, looks like quite a drop-off) . I guess this late in the game, you get where you can.

I heard he wasn't declared eligible

 

Correct.

 

Renner says Sloan has been let down by many people in recent years.

 

Is he talking about the Taylor coach/guardian?

Khsaa just lost out on some $ from me this yr. I was counting on going to some Ballard games to watch Sloan, Wilson, and Patterson. A kid wants to go back home and he's not allowed to play??? Wow, good move Khsaa. Hope he kills it down in Fla.

I've coached in Fl for 28 years now and have never heard of Conrad Academy. Not saying it isn't a legit school but they have never played in any event I have ever followed and you know if I am on a Ky message board from Fl I certainly try to follow the events in my own state. Hate to hear this!

Austin Wiley from Alabama has also transferred to Conrad. Wiley is a 6'10 PF who's ranked no. 17 in 2017 by ESPN and he's committed to Auburn.

So where are the AAU connections? If these two players somehow found this school, there has to be an AAU link somewhere.

Former Mason Co. star Pig Williams was set to go to Conrad Academy before switching to TNG Prep.

  • Author

Sounds like somebody is trying to build a program. Doesn't look like they have had anything in the past. Best of luck to David and the program. Kentucky lost one of the few high D-1 prospects it has, but I guess that is what happens when chasing dreams and ambitions takes place over just playing basketball. Always amazes me now days, kids, parents, and coaches think they have to be "someplace" to be found. I guarantee, Sloan would have been found no matter where he played HS basketball in the state of Kentucky. Again, I wish him well:ylsuper:

Khsaa just lost out on some $ from me this yr. I was counting on going to some Ballard games to watch Sloan, Wilson, and Patterson. A kid wants to go back home and he's not allowed to play??? Wow, good move Khsaa. Hope he kills it down in Fla.

 

The only way the KHSAA lost money from you on this is if Ballard had made the state tournament. If you were just coming down to Ballard to watch regular season games, the school gets that money.

I wonder why he didn't follow his HS coach to 22 feet academy? He was Slone's main person of contact everywhere on the AAU circuit. And maybe took advantage of the situation.

I wonder why he didn't follow his HS coach to 22 feet academy? He was Slone's main person of contact everywhere on the AAU circuit. And maybe took advantage of the situation.

 

I was wondering the same. They may have been capped.

Hate to hear this. Best of luck to David Sloan moving forward!

Khsaa just lost out on some $ from me this yr. I was counting on going to some Ballard games to watch Sloan, Wilson, and Patterson. A kid wants to go back home and he's not allowed to play??? Wow, good move Khsaa. Hope he kills it down in Fla.

 

 

I assume you feel there should be no transfer rules.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.