Duke 2016/2017 v Kentucky 2014/2015

Walter

I love when people say it's a "precautionary" procedure or "preventative" surgery. The unfortunate reality is that this young man has had 3 knee surgeries in the last 3 years, and that ain't good. If I'm him, I'd consider rehabbing until 2017.

This surgery was on a different knee than the most previous injury. I'm no doctor but I'm guessing his knees will be an issue for the rest of his life. I also know that he won't get rushed back onto the court before he is ready. See: Kyrie Irving's one season at Duke.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't answer this question yet. Talent Wise Duke can match up. However we have no idea how the chemistry will be for them. That UK team had great chemistry and could play many different styles with a lot of different match ups through the game.

Imo the difference maker would have been Towns. As I don't think Duke would have anyone who could Match him.

• 3 weeks later...
I see my Jacksonville Jaguar curse is leaking over into my Dukies. Just great.

Turns out that Jayson Tatum’s left foot injury is not as serious as first feared.

Tests revealed Wednesday that the prized Duke freshman suffered only a sprain during the program’s pro day the previous day. The injury will sideline Tatum for just two weeks, meaning the 6-foot-8 freshman will sit out both Duke’s exhibition games but could be healthy enough to play in the Blue Devils’ season opener against Marist on Nov. 11

Duke gets '''best possible news''' on Jayson Tatum'''s foot injury

• 4 months later...