Duke 2016/2017 v Kentucky 2014/2015

Walter

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talent wise this Duke team was right up there in terms of talent. I think a lot of us never realized just how special that group two years ago was. It's hard to get that much talent to mesh, and that UK teams chemistry was great almost from the beginning. Which I don't think Coach Cal gets enough credit for.

It's hard to win with one and dones.

I agree and I hate the rule myself. I wish either the NBA would let them go straight to the league out of HS or use the NFL rule that they can't go until 3 years after their HS graduation.

The one and done is good for nobody. Plus the fact I'm a college BBall fan and not an NBA fan. I'd rather get close to a teams players for several years and watch them grow instead of having to get a program every year because there are 10 new players each season to get to know.

I agree and I hate the rule myself. I wish either the NBA would let them go straight to the league out of HS or use the NFL rule that they can't go until 3 years after their HS graduation.

The one and done is good for nobody. Plus the fact I'm a college BBall fan and not an NBA fan. I'd rather get close to a teams players for several years and watch them grow instead of having to get a program every year because there are 10 new players each season to get to know.

I agree, but it's good for the NBA so it is what it is. Nothing we can do other than embrace it.

I do wish they could at least make it a 2 years rule.

Talent wise this Duke team was right up there in terms of talent. I think a lot of us never realized just how special that group two years ago was. It's hard to get that much talent to mesh, and that UK teams chemistry was great almost from the beginning. Which I don't think Coach Cal gets enough credit for.

That group 2 years ago was the greatest college basketball team ever assembled IMO. Title or no title. No words to even describe how I felt leaving Lucas Oil Stadium after that game. It was the biggest feeling of disbelief I've ever had due to sports. I would have bet on Ohio State getting shutout by Clemson this year before I would have that team losing that night.

That group 2 years ago was the greatest college basketball team ever assembled IMO. Title or no title. No words to even describe how I felt leaving Lucas Oil Stadium after that game. It was the biggest feeling of disbelief I've ever had due to sports. I would have bet on Ohio State getting shutout by Clemson this year before I would have that team losing that night.

I still hate Wisconsin.

They laid the worst egg, at the worst time. Kind of like UNLV in 1991. Perfect Storm.

I still hate Wisconsin.

They laid the worst egg, at the worst time. Kind of like UNLV in 1991. Perfect Storm.

My girlfriend who is the biggest UK fan I know, will hate Wisconsin forever. They are on the same playing field as Duke and Louisville for her.

I'm a younger generation UK fan (post Laettner) so the hatred for Duke isn't as strong for me as it is for some of my family members, but I will hate Wisconsin for the rest of my life just for ending the perfect season. 2015 has been by far my favorite UK team to watch and probably the closest one I have been to just for the simple fact we had veterans.

That was the first time I have cried after a basketball game after seeing the Cats be up 5 points with 2.5 minutes left and then blow it. Wisconsin won their Championship that Saturday night, and Duke won theirs on Monday night.

Back to the topic: to me you can compare these teams talent wise, however the UK team was by far the better team and I think if the two teams played 10 times Kentucky wins 8-9 of those 10 games. People don't realize how special that 2015 teams was even though they didn't win the title.

I'm a younger generation UK fan (post Laettner) so the hatred for Duke isn't as strong for me as it is for some of my family members, but I will hate Wisconsin for the rest of my life just for ending the perfect season. 2015 has been by far my favorite UK team to watch and probably the closest one I have been to just for the simple fact we had veterans.

That was the first time I have cried after a basketball game after seeing the Cats be up 5 points with 2.5 minutes left and then blow it. Wisconsin won their Championship that Saturday night, and Duke won theirs on Monday night.

Back to the topic: to me you can compare these teams talent wise, however the UK team was by far the better team and I think if the two teams played 10 times Kentucky wins 8-9 of those 10 games. People don't realize how special that 2015 teams was even though they didn't win the title.

Best college basketball team ever. Have them play any college team ever in a 10 game series and they win at least 6.