Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Denver 29 Cincinnati 17

Featured Replies

In another thread last week, someone put the Bengals in the "elite" category, along with Pitt, Denver, and NE. I chuckled. This team has a lot of issues right now.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am still in the boat that thinks Bengals will not win big games under Marvin.

 

Really? I've been captain of that boat for a decade.

Defensively in the 2nd half the Bengals corners were playing way too far off so no bumping, aggressiveness. Siemian had to make very few contested throws. Basically pitch and catch. When he did throw awful one's we dropped the picks.

 

We cannot make it that easy. Regardless, we are in the game until Green drops the 3rd down pass.

 

Offensively, I don't think Jones would have made much of a difference. Teams are playing safeties two deep and not letting us get behind them and we just don't make them pay with underneath and quick slant stuff.

 

I believe we need to spread it out , let AD do his thing and start the track meets again.

I agree BM, but we have to show everyone that we could run it. That is all WLW talked about this week. We showed them but it cost us a win.

Why did Marvin just keep turning down ten yard penalties?

Is it time for a coaching change?

 

I'm sure the over expecting expectation fan is

 

It's been time for 10 years. Marvin is a .500 coach. His history proves that.

Getting Eifert back should really help the offense. Mostly in the Red Zone.

I am still in the boat that thinks Bengals will not win big games under Marvin.

 

I completely agree and have felt that way for quite a while. Why Zimmer was never made head coach for the Bengals is far beyond me.

On one drive they completely botched two sure fire interceptions only to give up a TD to Sanders. To win games you must make those plays.

 

Unreal to see another knee on the ground fumble and again it was maintained.

Defensively in the 2nd half the Bengals corners were playing way too far off so no bumping, aggressiveness. Siemian had to make very few contested throws. Basically pitch and catch. When he did throw awful one's we dropped the picks.

 

We cannot make it that easy. Regardless, we are in the game until Green drops the 3rd down pass.

 

Offensively, I don't think Jones would have made much of a difference. Teams are playing safeties two deep and not letting us get behind them and we just don't make them pay with underneath and quick slant stuff.

 

I believe we need to spread it out , let AD do his thing and start the track meets again.

 

Lets not forget Marvin Jones was also very good catching the ball in the middle of the field, good at contested catches, and also a very good red zone wr. Not to mention Dalton has chemistry with him and had trust in him. Dalton best 2 years in the nfl were the two seasons Marvin Jones played all season. I think stats back up the fact that they miss him.

 

Now would it have made a difference the last 2 weeks maybe or maybe not. They have been a horrible red zone team so far and having Jones would have helped in that area especially with Eifert out. I said it then and I still say it now. Jones was a lot better than most people realized.

 

As for spreading it out, I agree. Dalton is at his best then. He never seems to get in a rhythm when the Bengals are pounding it. They need to find a happy medium between the two. It's like they seem to think they can only do one or another in a game.

 

I also agree with you on the secondary. They were playing way to soft all game.

Why did Marvin just keep turning down ten yard penalties?

 

Those were 5 yard penalties he declined.

In another thread last week, someone put the Bengals in the "elite" category, along with Pitt, Denver, and NE. I chuckled. This team has a lot of issues right now.

 

Well Pittsburgh just got smoked by a Philly team with a rookie qb. It's pretty simple people the Bengals just started off the year with 3 straight games against teams who won 10 plus games last year and probably will be playoff teams this year. The Bengals did this without having their smartest and best defensive player in Tez and their second best receiving threat and pro bowler in Eifert. While it would have been much better being 2 and 1, being 1 and 2 after these 3 games is not to bad.

 

The Bengals definitely have things to fix. However getting those two guys back will help and also playing some of these other teams will make them better. The Bengals will be fine.

So far the Bengals are proving to be that same team they have been for several years under Marvin Lewis - a very good team but not a top tier team. When they play a top tier team, they are just not quite good enough to get the win. Other very good teams and below, they usually win. They just can't quite get over the hump against those top tier teams.

 

But it is still early and there is plenty of time for growth, plus the return of our two studs will certainly make a big difference. The best NFL teams usually have 3-5 top level superstar players that will win matchups very week against whoever they face and they surround them with their solid role players. To beat those top tier teams, you need your superstars. Getting two superstars back will make a very big difference.

 

If the Bengals win Thursday night, they will be 2-2 against a tough opening schedule without Burfict and Eifert. Most Bengals fans would have been ok with that at the start of the year.

Lets not forget Marvin Jones was also very good catching the ball in the middle of the field, good at contested catches, and also a very good red zone wr. Not to mention Dalton has chemistry with him and had trust in him. Dalton best 2 years in the nfl were the two seasons Marvin Jones played all season. I think stats back up the fact that they miss him.

 

Now would it have made a difference the last 2 weeks maybe or maybe not. They have been a horrible red zone team so far and having Jones would have helped in that area especially with Eifert out. I said it then and I still say it now. Jones was a lot better than most people realized.

 

As for spreading it out, I agree. Dalton is at his best then. He never seems to get in a rhythm when the Bengals are pounding it. They need to find a happy medium between the two. It's like they seem to think they can only do one or another in a game.

 

I also agree with you on the secondary. They were playing way to soft all game.

 

I agree with you about Marvin Jones, he played a big role in their offensive success during that time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.