Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Denver 29 Cincinnati 17

Featured Replies

In another thread last week, someone put the Bengals in the "elite" category, along with Pitt, Denver, and NE. I chuckled. This team has a lot of issues right now.

 

I was clearly wrong. This is a bad football team. They have a horrendous O-line, a guy in way over his head at OC, and their secondary couldn't cover some high school teams right now.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Completely agree. Not having Eifert is HUGE. I think Boyd can be Marvin Jones, but he just isn't quite at that level yet. Jones was a lot better than people realized.

 

I am not sure how contracts would have worked with the cap, but not resigning him changed this whole offense. With him as our #2, they would be way better in my opinion.

I am not sure how contracts would have worked with the cap, but not resigning him changed this whole offense. With him as our #2, they would be way better in my opinion.

 

The Bengals offered him basically the same contract. However he wanted a chance tobe the guy to show how good he can be. He knew here he would always be the third option at best. There he is most likely their number 1 wrs now.

I agree on the offense not being in sync. I thought we had a chance to put it to the Broncos early and we got conservative on offense. Yawner...

 

And Denver's QB got better as the game went on.

 

On to Miami...

 

Offense is just completely stale right now. Has been all 3 games so far. I'm not sold on Zampeses play calling so far. He wanted so bad to establish the run and we did, the first half and then the Broncos made adjustments at the half and we failed to on offense. Defensively we didn't play bad honestly. Need to make the big plays when they are gifted to us. Denvers a good team and we need to get back on track Thursday against Miami.

 

Agreed on the offense not being in sink. However in all fairness Hue Jacksons offenses with the Bengals struggled against the likes of the Steelers defenses and Broncos too and that was with having a better supporting cast to throw to.

 

Right now not having Eifert hurts and not having a number 2 that is reliable to get open and stretch the defense hurts. I know I was one of the few Marvin Jones supporters on here, and said it would hurt more than people realized because he was really dang good and so far he is off to a great start in Detroit.

 

I highlighted some key phrases in the quotes above. Is Hue Jackson missed more or Eifert? Some others are also suggesting Marvin Jones is the one who is missed most.

 

Hue Jackson was very creative and his offensive scheming helped Andy Dalton, no doubt. When Cleveland played Baltimore last week one of the Ravens' defenders remarked, "The circus is coming to town" referring to Hue Jackson's creativity. But Eifert is a key weapon that keeps defenses honest.

 

Which do you think has hurt the Bengals more, the departure of Hue or that the Bengals are missing Eifert due to injury and Jones due to Free Agency?

I highlighted some key phrases in the quotes above. Is Hue Jackson missed more or Eifert? Some others are also suggesting Marvin Jones is the one who is missed most.

 

Hue Jackson was very creative and his offensive scheming helped Andy Dalton, no doubt. When Cleveland played Baltimore last week one of the Ravens' defenders remarked, "The circus is coming to town" referring to Hue Jackson's creativity. But Eifert is a key weapon that keeps defenses honest.

 

Which do you think has hurt the Bengals more, the departure of Hue or that the Bengals are missing Eifert due to injury and Jones due to Free Agency?

 

Hard to say. I think we'll know better when Eifert is back. If they just plug in Eifert and keep the playcalling the same I'm not sure he'll be the major catalyst the offense needs. Of course, if he is, then we can chalk up some of the offensive sputters to missing Eifert's presence.

 

If Eifert comes back and they open up the playcalling to reflect having another receiving threat then I think we can give the playcalling in these first games a pass since they have to tailor it to the talent they have.

 

At the end of the day I'm not a coach and I'm not at practice everyday to see what the players are capable of. I was hoping Boyd would be a major factor, but maybe he's just not there yet. I think the backup TEs have been serviceable, but obviously are not on the level of Eifert. Both of those things limit the scope of the offense. So, I guess we'll see. Hopefully things start to fall into place soon.

I highlighted some key phrases in the quotes above. Is Hue Jackson missed more or Eifert? Some others are also suggesting Marvin Jones is the one who is missed most.

 

Hue Jackson was very creative and his offensive scheming helped Andy Dalton, no doubt. When Cleveland played Baltimore last week one of the Ravens' defenders remarked, "The circus is coming to town" referring to Hue Jackson's creativity. But Eifert is a key weapon that keeps defenses honest.

 

Which do you think has hurt the Bengals more, the departure of Hue or that the Bengals are missing Eifert due to injury and Jones due to Free Agency?

 

I say Eifert is missed more than Hue. The Bengals are still using a lot of the same motions as Hue. The Bengals in the first 3 games played 2 of the best defenses in the nfl in the Jets and Broncos. Then the steelers always stops the Bengals offense. They held the Bengals down when Hue was here too.

 

In terms of play calling I don't think there has been much difference at all. The one thing Hue did was helped Dalton take on more of a leadership role. Which I think Dalton is still doing that.

 

Put it this way if Hue was still here the Bengals are still 1 and 2 imo. However if Eifert was here the Bengals would be at least 2 and 1 imo.

I am still in the boat that thinks Bengals will not win big games under Marvin.

 

I've agreed with you for 6-7 years now.

I say Eifert is missed more than Hue. The Bengals are still using a lot of the same motions as Hue. The Bengals in the first 3 games played 2 of the best defenses in the nfl in the Jets and Broncos. Then the steelers always stops the Bengals offense. They held the Bengals down when Hue was here too.

 

In terms of play calling I don't think there has been much difference at all. The one thing Hue did was helped Dalton take on more of a leadership role. Which I think Dalton is still doing that.

 

Put it this way if Hue was still here the Bengals are still 1 and 2 imo. However if Eifert was here the Bengals would be at least 2 and 1 imo.

 

That's a good point about the defenses the Bengals have played against.

 

The thing with Hue that probably is hard to duplicate is the confidence, enthusiasm, and positivity that he exudes personally and is able to convey to his players. I imagine Dalton misses this more than anything else with Hue gone.

  • Author
In another thread last week, someone put the Bengals in the "elite" category, along with Pitt, Denver, and NE. I chuckled. This team has a lot of issues right now.

 

34-3 MIGHT drop Pitt out of the elite category also!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.