What is wrong with Aaron Rodgers?

Let me preface this by saying I LOVE Aaron Rodgers and my mancrush on Aaron is as unhealthy as my mancrush on Justin Timberlake.

That being said, what the hell is wrong with Aaron? He looks like crap and he looks like he is getting worse each game. Now he does amazing stuff every now and then that puts us in awe(the Jacksonville pass, two Hail Mary passes in a season at the end of games) but it's been a long time since he has put us in awe for four quarters in the same game. In fact, in the last 14 games he has played Aaron has failed to get a QB rating over a 100. For a guy many claim to be the best QB in the league what the hell

is his problem?

I think it is part Jordy being gone last season and the fallout from that as well as his horrible offensive line and lack of running game.

It's clear he and Jordy aren't on the same page yet and until

that happens his stats along with Randall Cobb's effectiveness will

suffer. I also think that he spends too much time running away from avoiding defenders because his OLine doesn't protect him all

that well. It's a wonder he hasn't gotten hurt but he does a good job of protecting himself when he knows the hit is coming. I also think playcalling and lack of a running game is killing him as well. The NFL is becoming a passing league and Aaron is one of the best passers in the league. I also think he would be even better if they had a running game to complement his passing skills. McCarthy abandons the run too much and when he does run he does stupid stuff like putting Starks in at the goal line and running pitch plays to Lacy at midfield.

These are just my thoughts as I watch Aaron play. I would like to think he isn't declining already but something is up?

Does anyone else see what I see in Aaron right now?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface this by saying I LOVE Aaron Rodgers and my mancrush on Aaron is as unhealthy as my mancrush on Justin Timberlake.

That being said, what the hell is wrong with Aaron? He looks like crap and he looks like he is getting worse each game. Now he does amazing stuff every now and then that puts us in awe(the Jacksonville pass, two Hail Mary passes in a season at the end of games) but it's been a long time since he has put us in awe for four quarters in the same game. In fact, in the last 14 games he has played Aaron has failed to get a QB rating over a 100. For a guy many claim to be the best QB in the league what the hell

is his problem?

I think it is part Jordy being gone last season and the fallout from that as well as his horrible offensive line and lack of running game.

It's clear he and Jordy aren't on the same page yet and until

that happens his stats along with Randall Cobb's effectiveness will

suffer. I also think that he spends too much time running away from avoiding defenders because his OLine doesn't protect him all

that well. It's a wonder he hasn't gotten hurt but he does a good job of protecting himself when he knows the hit is coming. I also think playcalling and lack of a running game is killing him as well. The NFL is becoming a passing league and Aaron is one of the best passers in the league. I also think he would be even better if they had a running game to complement his passing skills. McCarthy abandons the run too much and when he does run he does stupid stuff like putting Starks in at the goal line and running pitch plays to Lacy at midfield.

These are just my thoughts as I watch Aaron play. I would like to think he isn't declining already but something is up?

Does anyone else see what I see in Aaron right now?

Be careful because as people said to me when I defended Palmer in Cincy, those are just excuses.

However people have to realize if a qb doesn't have time to throw, and doesn't have wrs getting open. It's hard for a qb even as great as Rodgers to do well. The best qbs are all about timing. Which for that a qb has to have protection or that messes up the throws, and also wrs who can get open and in the right spots. I hate to say it but Nelson has lost a step, and Cobb was never the fastest and has lost a step too. All that can contribute.

Just look at Tom Brady, the times he looks mortal is when he is getting pressured too.

I think he's fine. O-line isn't doing him any favors, especially when they can't get a run game going. Plus their porous defense means the pressure is staying on him to keep up with the scoring and force more throws. At the end of the day we are only through week two.

It's the running game. When you know where a pocket passer is going to be, in the middle of the pocket, it's real easy to pin your ears back and go get him. With no running game to speak of it's too easy for the defense. Everyone is trying to set up the run with the pass and it just doesn't work that way anymore. DB's are just too good. The NFL has reacted to the star receiver by getting faster, bigger DB's and it's made it harder on QB's with no run game.