Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity Schedule

Featured Replies

I lilke the fact that Trinity and X have their rivalry and Trinity also scheduled a good team from Tennessee, but what about the rest of that schedule? Why not get a couple teams from the Cincy area? That schedule is not what I would want for my team to prepare for the 4a playoffs. I know this is the defending champion and a great program, but I think the schedule could be a lot more challenging. I'm not looking to fire up all the Trinity crowd, but looking for some opinions of Trinity fans.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the 6A starts I think you will see Trinity able to schedule better teams.

  • Author

I know a lot of teams in your area don't want to play Trinity but I was just wondering. I enjoyed when Trinity blasted Elder at Ryle a few years ago and would like to see Colerain or a GCL team on the schedule every year.

I know a lot of teams in your area don't want to play Trinity but I was just wondering. I enjoyed when Trinity blasted Elder at Ryle a few years ago and would like to see Colerain or a GCL team on the schedule every year.

 

 

Size of the district doesn't give us much leeway with scheduling.

3 of the past 5 years, Trinity has scheduled two big out of state teams. I would say their playoff results would indicate they don't need to up the strength of their schedule to "prepare" for the playoffs. I imagine that both T and X will schedule more out of state powers and "reward" in-state public schools with home and homes based on where they stand in regards to the recent politics.

I lilke the fact that Trinity and X have their rivalry and Trinity also scheduled a good team from Tennessee, but what about the rest of that schedule? Why not get a couple teams from the Cincy area? That schedule is not what I would want for my team to prepare for the 4a playoffs. I know this is the defending champion and a great program, but I think the schedule could be a lot more challenging. I'm not looking to fire up all the Trinity crowd, but looking for some opinions of Trinity fans.

 

 

Put your seat belt on and watch what Teams are being lined up for next year!! The only good thing that is coming out of the 6A addition is that TRINITY can now start playing against some great Football Programs. TRINITY will beable to set-up some great compition like they have with MBA!!

Free, there are seven district games in R3D5......so there's only three non-district games and I assume Trinity would never want to drop St. X so that has only left them with two in this set-up.

 

MBA and Manual are two pretty tough non-district games.

 

That's one reason I like the 6A set up. Teams in large districts - heck one district in Louisville has nine teams - can schedule better!

 

By the way, heard this weekend that Trinity and St. X both might be lining up a game with a Southern Indiana team? I heard Jeff and New Albany both so not sure which one? Anybody heard that???

  • Author

I wasn't aware the district was that large so it makes sense. Didn't do my research. Since you only have 3 openings and really have to play Manuel and X, that only leaves one game and Trinity didn't schedule a pigeon. Sounds like there was little room for much change until next year.

Next year should be interesting. Beside the 3 district games, I'd be surprised if we have more than 2 other Jefferson County teams that will play us. That will really open things up for some serious football teams.

I hope the Rocks don't get too carried away with the schedule over the next few years in 6A. I'm all for playing a couple of tough opponents from Cinci or Indy but I don't think I'd enjoy going 5-5 on a regular basis. I hope they work in a few interesting but most likely winable games each season. JMO.

  • Author
I hope the Rocks don't get too carried away with the schedule over the next few years in 6A. I'm all for playing a couple of tough opponents from Cinci or Indy but I don't think I'd enjoy going 5-5 on a regular basis. I hope they work in a few interesting but most likely winable games each season. JMO.

 

 

5-5? Where's the confidence Rock? I thought Trinity thought they could play with anyone and now you're wanting to duck a five teams to avoid going 5-5. So basically you're saying you'd go 3-0 in the district and 2 and 5 in the other games. I'll bet your Trinity cohorts don't think the same way.

5-5? Where's the confidence Rock? I thought Trinity thought they could play with anyone and now you're wanting to duck a five teams to avoid going 5-5. So basically you're saying you'd go 3-0 in the district and 2 and 5 in the other games. I'll bet your Trinity cohorts don't think the same way.

 

And the true reason for this thread comes out... :laugh:

5-5? Where's the confidence Rock? I thought Trinity thought they could play with anyone and now you're wanting to duck a five teams to avoid going 5-5. So basically you're saying you'd go 3-0 in the district and 2 and 5 in the other games. I'll bet your Trinity cohorts don't think the same way.

Just think free thinker. The Rocks have three district games, history shows they will most likely be wins. Then there is St.X, history shows that this game is about 50/50. That leaves six games. A lot of my "cohorts" want to play Cinci St.X, Elder, Indy Warren Central, Ben Davis, Colerain and maybe even DeLaSalle to round out the schedule. I think it would be tough winning any of those games. Would I like to see couple tough games even if they resulted in a close loss? Sure. Do I want to see the team crawling into the playoffs after that meatgrinder? Not really. Remind me, who do you support? Maybe your team would be a possibility.

  • Author

I agree with you that you don't need to try to go out and schedule the USA today Top 10. My point is that you can in the future schedule a few other good teams from around the region. You could play some decent in state schools too. Highlands, Covcath, Hopkinsville, Bowling Green, maybe a top Lexington team, southern Indiana, or a southern Ohio school. Again, no need to load the schedule with 7 heavyweights, but you don't want the schedule loaded with ducks either. I think Trinity will most likely have a challenging schedule next year without making it murderers row.

I'd like to see some sort of bowl game/event in which Trinity and one or two other Louisville Catholic schools have games against Catholic schools from elsewhere in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. A fun, all-day event that builds more cooperation among Catholic schools. That one game per year against a top team is enough for me. I'd like to keep the rest of the schedule in the state as much as possible.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.