Central Michigan 30 Oklahoma State 27

hrcarrier

Okay, the rule is the rule. Black eye for the officials there. You can say the Ok. St. still had an opportunity to win it by stopping the hail Mary, but they shouldn't have been put in that situation.

However, the rule, in my opinion, is ridiculously stupid to begin with. How in the world can you allow a team to intentionally commit a penalty, and not be penalized by it? I mean, isn't that the definition of penalty, that something "bad" happens to you as a result of your actions? How is it that you commit that same infraction anywhere else in the game, and there are consequences...but, hey do it at the end of the half or the end of the game, and not even a slap on the wrist?

Okay, the rule is the rule. Black eye for the officials there. You can say the Ok. St. still had an opportunity to win it by stopping the hail Mary, but they shouldn't have been put in that situation.

However, the rule, in my opinion, is ridiculously stupid to begin with. How in the world can you allow a team to intentionally commit a penalty, and not be penalized by it? I mean, isn't that the definition of penalty, that something "bad" happens to you as a result of your actions? How is it that you commit that same infraction anywhere else in the game, and there are consequences...but, hey do it at the end of the half or the end of the game, and not even a slap on the wrist?

This.

Just not sure how this was rationalized by the officials knowing the basics of football rules.

- Grounding is a 'live ball' (during play) foul.

- Thus, the foul was an 'offensive foul' while OKS had possession of the ball.

- So you had an offensive, live ball foul as the last play.

The 'general' rule is that a game or half can not end on a 'defensive' foul. But it was not, just a lost of down that would have resulted in the ball going over - had there been any time on the clock. But there was not and the game was over. It seems somehow this should have been caught. Its definitely not all on the white hat's head.