Dale Anderson, Former Southwestern HC, Found Guilty

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Anderson Found Guilty Of Sexual Abuse | News | Somerset-Kentucky.com

It took a Jefferson Circuit Court jury less than three hours Friday to find former Southwestern High School football coach Dale Anderson guilty of charges that he sexually abused a young boy in the ‘80s when he was a teacher and coach at St. Raphael in Louisville.

The jury recommended a 10-year prison sentence for Anderson. Formal sentencing is set for Oct. 26.

Anderson, 57, was found guilty of sodomy, attempted sodomy and sexual abuse.

The verdict came following two days of testimony. The jury heard from the victim on Wednesday. The man, now 47, told the court that the abuse at the hands of Anderson came over three decades ago when Anderson was his science teacher and coach.

The victim testified that he became Anderson’s “teacher’s pet,” but the attention eventually became sexual in nature. The man told the jury he modeled underwear for Anderson in the basement of the home of Anderson’s parents, and that led to the first incident of sexual abuse. The victim said he was “11 or 12” at the time.

He said two other abuse incidents occurred in the pool at the home of Anderson’s parents. The victim told the jury he was “scared and screaming” throughout the attack. One of the incidents was interrupted by a neighbor, the victim testified.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not shocked or suprised by verdict.

Was this done while he was coaching at Trinity and is that why he was forced to leave because they knew and found out about it?

He better be glad he had his computer erase everything he had while at Southwest Pulaski and that parents were ashamed to let their kids come forward to what he did there or he would be going to prison a lot longer.

Was this done while he was coaching at Trinity and is that why he was forced to leave because they knew and found out about it?

He better be glad he had his computer erase everything he had while at Southwest Pulaski and that parents were ashamed to let their kids come forward to what he did there or he would be going to prison a lot longer.

Doesn't it say in the first paragraph it occurred while he was a teacher and coach at St. Rafael?

I don't know if the Trinity people knew about it or not. If it comes out that they did and did nothing other than make him leave...that would be disgusting also. Probably leave them open to litigation as well.

I don't know if the Trinity people knew about it or not. If it comes out that they did and did nothing other than make him leave...that would be disgusting also. Probably leave them open to litigation as well.

Agreed if this is the case. Unfortunately, a common occurrence that's not restricted to athletics.

I couldn't blame Trinity if they knew and forced him out. I can't blame a parent for not wanting to go to court and admit to them for being molested by Dale Anderson.

That's why he left Trinity whether some admit it or not.

I couldn't blame Trinity if they knew and forced him out. I can't blame a parent for not wanting to go to court and admit to them for being molested by Dale Anderson.

That's why he left Trinity whether some admit it or not.

That means you believe Trinity was willing to shuffle its problems on down the road. Pretty damning.

I have no idea. I didn't mention anything about Southwestern. Mountain ref asked if it happened while he was at Trinity. I'm not sure how Southwestern figures in to our exchange.

Outside of the fact that it was the last place he was head coach? Seems SW figures heavily here.

And if you don't think it happened at SW then you really must not know much about sexual predators. Especially when they are busted and its swept under the rug and pushed off to another place. It only makes them feel more invincible and braver and confident they won't be caught.

If he was doing while at Trinity then he didn't all of a sudden stop while somewhere else where no one knew anything about his background and then just all of a sudden start backup.