Does Your Team Practice On Sundays?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with this. School work is important to the majority of kids.

It's all about managing your time.

Some kids can.

Some kids can't.

Homework can be done during study hall if the kids manage it right, hell some kids do it when they get home from practice. There are some kids doing school work on the bus to a game( JV kid) Again managing your time. Doing your homework at the last minute teaches a kid to procrastinate. Sunday night film or afternoon film does not make kids NOT do their homework. Now I will hear, "well Saturday they can't do it cause their sore from last nights game"

How many schools had/have study hall. I went to a private school coed. We didn't have study hall. I had that 4hrs after practice when I got home. Eat talk to my parents then homework either at the dinner table or in my room. Didn't have a job during the season but always had a job of some sort December through July.

Any coach who brings in highschool kids to work on a Sunday should be fired.

I disagree. If they bring in the players on a Sunday evening for an hour or two, I have no problem with it. If it were on a Sunday morning, that should not happen. Some coaches bring in their teams in on Saturdays, some on Sundays. I think bringing them in for both would be overkill. They need one day to unwind and have a break from their sport.

As far as the homework issue, it is a matter of time management.

I disagree. If they bring in the players on a Sunday evening for an hour or two, I have no problem with it. If it were on a Sunday morning, that should not happen. Some coaches bring in their teams in on Saturdays, some on Sundays. I think bringing them in for both would be overkill. They need one day to unwind and have a break from their sport.

As far as the homework issue, it is a matter of time management.

What's the difference in Sunday morning and Sunday evening around 6?