Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Your Team Practice On Sundays?

Featured Replies

Curious to hear how many teams around the state have practice on Sundays. I'm not much of a fan of it personally.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lex Cath used too on Sunday evenings.

 

I know when I played we practiced on Saturday mornings. (Our JV games were always on Mondays.) JV did a walk through for their game on monday and Varsity went over film and had a non pad practice.

In the 90's Washington Co. would watch film and condition on Sunday afternoon.

  • Author

I just don't see the real benefit. I think having the day off to rest is far more valuable at this stage in the players' lives. And God forbid you give them full time to focus on their school work.

I just don't see the real benefit. I think having the day off to rest is far more valuable at this stage in the players' lives. And God forbid you give them full time to focus on their school work.

 

Many teams still play JV games on Mondays, so no real practice happens on Mondays. You use the Sunday to get more practice in.

I just don't see the real benefit. I think having the day off to rest is far more valuable at this stage in the players' lives. And God forbid you give them full time to focus on their school work.

 

Yeah let me tell you the last thing on these guys mind will be school work.

  • Author
Yeah let me tell you the last thing on these guys mind will be school work.

 

Yeah, kids don't even like school work anyway. It's just stupid to even bother giving them time to do it. You know what, why do they even assign school work during football season?

  • Author
Many teams still play JV games on Mondays, so no real practice happens on Mondays. You use the Sunday to get more practice in.

 

When I played varsity we had full pads/full speed practice, even when the JV was off doing their thing. I realize it was some years ago, but is that not the norm nowdays, or was my team the exception in practicing full-go while JV was playing?

When I played varsity we had full pads/full speed practice, even when the JV was off doing their thing. I realize it was some years ago, but is that not the norm nowdays, or was my team the exception in practicing full-go while JV was playing?

 

I would venture a guess most teams dont have enough kids to do that anymore.

Same situation as everyone else, Ashland does not, and has not practice on Sundays for as long as I can remember.

 

Monday: JV game/Varsity, film and walkthrough scouting teams, shorts and helmet

Tuesday: Defensive practice, offensive team at the end, full pads

Wednesday: Offensive practice, defensive team at the end, full pads

Thursday: Walk through, film, team dinner, shorts and helmet-not for the dinner :)

Friday: Game day

Saturday: Film, if players want to watch

Sunday: Church/rest

We never did sundays. Except once when we lost to a southern school in a bowl game our coach believed we should've won. Other than that one time it was :

Monday: JV game/ varsity running and lifting after regular practice

Tuesday: full gear practice/conditioning

Wednesday:full gear/weights

Thursday: helmets and shoulder pads walk through with film

Friday game

Saturday: run and weights. Watched film after. It was not optional. We were at school by 8 am and done by no later than 10:30.

 

Guys that needed tended to for injuries were bussed off to physical therapy.

I remember how bizarre it sounded when guys from other schools said the coaches would bring in donuts, or not care if you slept through films. Or better yet have saturdays off.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.