Does Your Team Practice On Sundays?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see the real benefit. I think having the day off to rest is far more valuable at this stage in the players' lives. And God forbid you give them full time to focus on their school work.

Many teams still play JV games on Mondays, so no real practice happens on Mondays. You use the Sunday to get more practice in.

I just don't see the real benefit. I think having the day off to rest is far more valuable at this stage in the players' lives. And God forbid you give them full time to focus on their school work.

Yeah let me tell you the last thing on these guys mind will be school work.

Many teams still play JV games on Mondays, so no real practice happens on Mondays. You use the Sunday to get more practice in.

When I played varsity we had full pads/full speed practice, even when the JV was off doing their thing. I realize it was some years ago, but is that not the norm nowdays, or was my team the exception in practicing full-go while JV was playing?

When I played varsity we had full pads/full speed practice, even when the JV was off doing their thing. I realize it was some years ago, but is that not the norm nowdays, or was my team the exception in practicing full-go while JV was playing?

I would venture a guess most teams dont have enough kids to do that anymore.

Same situation as everyone else, Ashland does not, and has not practice on Sundays for as long as I can remember.

Monday: JV game/Varsity, film and walkthrough scouting teams, shorts and helmet

Tuesday: Defensive practice, offensive team at the end, full pads

Wednesday: Offensive practice, defensive team at the end, full pads

Thursday: Walk through, film, team dinner, shorts and helmet-not for the dinner :)

Friday: Game day

Saturday: Film, if players want to watch

Sunday: Church/rest

We never did sundays. Except once when we lost to a southern school in a bowl game our coach believed we should've won. Other than that one time it was :

Monday: JV game/ varsity running and lifting after regular practice

Tuesday: full gear practice/conditioning

Wednesday:full gear/weights

Thursday: helmets and shoulder pads walk through with film

Friday game

Saturday: run and weights. Watched film after. It was not optional. We were at school by 8 am and done by no later than 10:30.

Guys that needed tended to for injuries were bussed off to physical therapy.