Head coaches your high school has produced.

tigerspride

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was this? I don't recall his name at Casey, but I know they went through several for a few years there.

1987-88 I believe. Just ONE of those, though. Adam went onto to Winterhaven, FL after Casey for a couple years, then returned as an assistant at E-town for several years. He's assisted there, LaRue County and was the Head Coach at Bluegrass Middle (John Hardin feeder) as well as East Hardin (one of Central Hardin's feeders) over the years. GREAT weight room guy to boot.

PARIS HIGH SCHOOL

Blanton Collier attended and coached at Paris High School. He went on to copach the University of Kentucky and Cleveland Browns. His 1964 Browns team won the NFL championship and remains the second most recent Cleveland professional sports team to win a title.

Bill Arnsparger attended and coached at Paris High School, and went on to coach in the NFL (Dolphins, Colts, Giants) and was the Head Coach at LSU. He was well known for the “No-Name Defense”!

Just a little something for the middle of the week for fun, It will be interesting to know where certain coaches went to high school. These are Caldwell County Alumni.

1-Joe Jaggers

2-Ken Barrett

3-Craig Clayton

4-Tony Franklin

5-Dixie Jones

6-David Barnes

That is a staggering list of football HC's to come from such a small area. Hard to argue with the quality on that list.

Mayfield also had David Morris at Mercer County, Tim Schlosser at Franklin-Simpson and Steve Lovelace at Christian County.

Hopkinsville also Jerry Claiborne (UK) and his brother George who coached at Daviess County.

Owensboro High School had Gerald Poynter, Larry Moore (both won state at OHS), Waymond Morris at Daviess County and Bill ??(last name slips me, he called everyone Roy) who coached at Daviess County.

Roger Walz was a Highlands grad and was head coach of the Birds as well.

Was Bill Herrmann a HHS grad?

And I'm not sure where Homer Rice and Owen Hauck attended High school.

And I assume we are keeping this to football coach they have produced? :lol2:

I was curious about Murphy. He coached with Owen Hauck at Highlands but not sure where he went to school.