NCC 20 Newport 0

Birdsfan

That's a shame. Sounds like a close game and Newport had to get in the desperation mode after the interception return, or maybe a different game, who knows. Good thing for Ncc they held on tonight. They might have a lot of work to do or risk losing the next two games and going 1-3.

That's a shame. Sounds like a close game and Newport had to get in the desperation mode after the interception return, or maybe a different game, who knows. Good thing for Ncc they held on tonight. They might have a lot of work to do or risk losing the next two games and going 1-3.
True, but then again it's the district games that matter.

Wasn't there, but wasn't this a much closer game than the score indicates??

The game was 7-0 until the 4th quarter. Maybe about the 9 minute market NCC blocked a punt and scored a TD off of it to make it 14-0. I left at the 7 mnute market and NCC had not tacked on the additional score yet.

The game was very competitive.

Wasn't there, but wasn't this a much closer game than the score indicates??

In the first half Newport had the ball right about the 20 and didn't score. This was their best opportunity.

Newport did move the ball, but they could not sustain drives.

The game was 7-0 until the 4th quarter. Maybe about the 9 minute market NCC blocked a punt and scored a TD off of it to make it 14-0. I left at the 7 mnute market and NCC had not tacked on the additional score yet.

The game was very competitive.

From what i saw Newport couldnt move the ball at all the second half, the only time they did was when Hesch scrambled. He did not have time to throw the ball . Newport maybe had three first downs most of the second half.

Ncc defense is good, but offense still has issues. Recievers dropping balls that hit them in the hands does not help when you run the no huddle spread offens