Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shoot or Don't Shoot

Featured Replies

With all that's been going again lately and all the debate, I thought it relevant to post this. I apologize if it's been posted before.

 

Activist critical of police undergoes use of force scenarios.

 

 

[video=youtube;yfi3Ndh3n-g]

I feel like this was posted during the Michael Brown stuff, but it's still relevant today. A good video for perspective, for sure.

The Pastor nails it when he says, "I didn't realize how important compliance is" , "This has changed my perspective"

The Pastor nails it when he says, "I didn't realize how important compliance is" , "This has changed my perspective"

 

He didn't realize how important compliance was? What an idiot.

He didn't realize how important compliance was? What an idiot.

 

It's almost like listening to law enforcement lowers your chances of injury...

Use of force scenarios happen so fast, sometimes when you go back and watch your video you see things where training has kicked in and you don't remember doing it.

 

In high stress situations you can have auditory exclusion or tunnel vision, and fine motor skills diminish as well.

Use of force scenarios happen so fast, sometimes when you go back and watch your video you see things where training has kicked in and you don't remember doing it.

 

In high stress situations you can have auditory exclusion or tunnel vision, and fine motor skills diminish as well.

 

AND, not going to lie I'm an advocate for body cams, you can find better ways to handle situations when you review said video. Even other officers can learn from how you've handled a situation, perhaps in a way they wouldn't have thought to. I've seen it hundreds of times.

  • Author
He didn't realize how important compliance was? What an idiot.

 

A lot of people out there that are ignorant to that simplistic little piece of information.

Why would someone not comply anyway.

[video=youtube;0K2-NEo3NVU]

 

So that everyone knows, the Officer from the last clip died.

So that everyone knows, the Officer from the last clip died.

 

Seen that video several times. It's crazy how quickly a well trained officer can respond though if they've got a chance. Training training and more training means you get to go home at night, every night.

Why would someone not comply anyway.

 

In this day and age, you'd be a fool not to immediately and fully comply, especially as a minority.

 

But I understand how frustrating it is to be stopped/detained/searched for absolutely no reason other than "reasonable cause."

I posted this about a year ago. I think that all large cities should conduct this exact same thing, and that any leader of any activist group, as well as all politicians should attend!

 

I also think that all white politicians and officers should attend a simulation of what the concerns are of non-white motorists and in other situations that non-whites have issues with.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.