2018 SG CJ Fredrick (Covington Catholic)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where is Notre Dame, Xavier and Cincinnati in this mix?

To the best of my knowledge, ND and UC have not offered. X offered quite a while ago, in fact Coach Mack was at so many Saturday morning practices, that if you didn't know better, you would have sworn that he was part of the CovCath Coaching staff.

Where is Notre Dame, Xavier and Cincinnati in this mix?

ND hasn't had much contact.

Larry Davis of UC has seen him multiple times and Mick is a fan of his game. If UC doesn't offer, it has nothing to do with his talent level or skill level and more to do with CJ simply not being the type of point guard that they are looking for in that '18 class. Coaches love CJ's toughness and passing ability.

• 1 month later...
He might be smart to commit - that's a great opportunity with a coach he really knows' date=' and who really knows him. Seems like there is considerable ambiguity with other big name programs pursuing him.[/quote']

Ambiguity?

Ambiguity?

Crean gone. Rising senior with high visibility through junior season - run of offers has slowed. Evaluation process by high majors will soon shift to 2020 class. Early signing period in fall. Xavier a top 15 school. There may be better offers coming - but the window is closing.

I'm not seeing a clear path to a better offer.

Crean gone. Rising senior with high visibility through junior season - run of offers has slowed. Evaluation process by high majors will soon shift to 2020 class. Early signing period in fall. Xavier a top 15 school. There may be better offers coming - but the window is closing.

I'm not seeing a clear path to a better offer.

If your point is he may not get any more offers or better offers than he has now then I would say you could be right.

However, him not having pulled the trigger puts him in the vast majority of 2018 kids, right?

Every program will now be watching all of the 2018 kids starting today as the circuits get going. Last year's performance got him on the radar of schools and some nice ones offered. Other schools notice who gets offered and then they check him out as well to see if he can help them. That's where he's at now. Will he get another offer? Who knows. However, it's certainly worth the wait.

So I would disgree with "the window is closing."