2018 SG CJ Fredrick (Covington Catholic)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed CJ did! I received a call from him this morning. Proud of CJ and so happy for him and his family.

That is now two committed D1 athletics on CovCath Basketball team (AJ Mayer Miami, OH Football, CJ Fredrick Iowa Basketball) and just waiting for the third to make his mind up.

Edited by Theoldguy

Congrats to CJ. Met him at the Coaches Award ceremony at CCH and he seems to be a fine young man to go along with an excellent basketball player. Best of luck in the BigTen. Great to see NKY getting more players to the D1 level in Basketball and Football.

Iowa lands commitment from Kentucky shooting guard

The Iowa basketball program received a commitment from a 2018 shooting guard Saturday afternoon.

C.J. Fredrick announced his verbal pledge to the Hawkeyes in a Twitter post. He joins Muscatine's Joe Wieskamp in Iowa's 2018 recruiting haul.

"I'm very excited to be following my dream of playing for (Iowa coach Fran McCaffery) and his staff at the University of Iowa," Fredrick wrote.

A 6-foot-4, 165-pound sharpshooter, Fredrick hails from Alexandria, Ky. A product of Covington Catholic, Fredrick is tabbed as a two-star recruit by 247Sports. He chose Iowa over Xavier, Butler and Indiana, among others.

According to 247Sports, Fredrick is considered the fourth-best player in Kentucky and the 75th-best shooting guard in the country. His uncle, Joe, played for Notre Dame in the late 1980s, at which time Iowa coach Fran McCaffery was an assistant.

Iowa adds C.J. Fredrick as second 2018 hoops commit

Jeremiah Davis The Gazette

Aug 5, 2017 at 1:30 pm

IOWA CITY — The Iowa men’s basketball team added another commitment to its 2018 class on Saturday – a class of one before the day began.

Alexandria, Ky., product C.J. Fredrick (Covington Catholic HS) announced his commitment to the Hawkeyes on Saturday morning with a message on Twitter. The 6-foot-4 shooting guard had offers from Indiana, Penn State, Xavier and Butler, among others, but chose Iowa Saturday morning.

“I’m very excited to be following my dream to play for Coach McCaffery and his staff at the University of Iowa,” Fredrick wrote in a note posted on Twitter.

6'4 165lbs seems rather thin, is that correct?

Also, does he reside in Alexandria, KY?

Listed by CovCath as 170 but yes with all the summer games and workout he has been doing, 165 wouldn't surprise me one bit but my guess is with a college dietitian menu, they can beef him up and with the summer AAU over my guess he will put on some extra pounds or two in the next month or so. BTW don't confuse skinny with not being strong, the kid is in great shape and is indeed strong.