Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is something that is unimportant, but you have a very strong opinion about?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about every outdoor basketball court that I come across has beverage cans, plastic bottles, fast food and candy wrappers scattered all over the place. There's typically a garbage can in close proximity, and while kids will expire tons of energy playing ball for hours, they just can't seem to muster that little bit of extra effort to simply walk their garbage over to the can and dispose of it properly.

 

Since I shoot hoops mostly for exercise, I can't stand seeing all the garbage everywhere and consider it additional exercise for me to take a stroll around the playground and pick up junk until I don't see anymore. Probably a bit compulsive on my part, but with little effort the park goes from looking like a dump to being clean.

 

Though I typically hold my tongue to avoid confrontation, recently I saw a teen hurl his gatorade bottle over the fence into the grass, so I went to pick it up and called him out for not having just simply tossed it in the garbage can.

 

I said, "I know that I seem like an old geek to you, but seriously how hard would it have been to just toss it in the garbage can, and don't you think this playground looks better being clean than having junk strewn all over the place?". I told him that he needs to have respect for his playground. I don't know if I really made an impact, or if ultimately he could care less and thought that I was old goofball.

 

On a nice note, once while picking up junk at the 15th & Eastern park in Covington a good natured teen thanked me, and asked if I needed any help. I was almost finished and said it was fine, but that I was very impressed by him for asking and thanked him for doing so.

 

He and his buds were shooting a super lopsided basketball that was about as bad as I had ever seen, so luckily I had a spare basketball in my trunk that I gave to them. Him asking to help went a long way with me, and I was hoping that without saying so he understood that his actions were being rewarded, and that if you do good, good will come back to you.

People who can't put their shopping carts in the shopping cart holders in the parking lot.

People in grocery stores who abandon meat, dairy, or other chilled or frozen items on shelves because they're too lazy to take them back to where the found them.

Straight lines when mowing grass.

 

This is a must with zero-turns and push mowers.

 

Blowing the grass clippings off the street/sidewalk/driveway and out of flower beds, also a must.

Fad jumpers. Every time you see them, they always have something new that I "have to try." How about you take the time to get good at something instead of jumping to another time waster when it starts to take dedication?

Dive bombers in traffic. Just suck it up and stay in your lane. You get in the high speed lane then at the last moment try to get over. Inevitably you struggle causing the high speed lane to be the low speed lane.

Just about every outdoor basketball court that I come across has beverage cans, plastic bottles, fast food and candy wrappers scattered all over the place. There's typically a garbage can in close proximity, and while kids will expire tons of energy playing ball for hours, they just can't seem to muster that little bit of extra effort to simply walk their garbage over to the can and dispose of it properly.

 

Since I shoot hoops mostly for exercise, I can't stand seeing all the garbage everywhere and consider it additional exercise for me to take a stroll around the playground and pick up junk until I don't see anymore. Probably a bit compulsive on my part, but with little effort the park goes from looking like a dump to being clean.

 

Though I typically hold my tongue to avoid confrontation, recently I saw a teen hurl his gatorade bottle over the fence into the grass, so I went to pick it up and called him out for not having just simply tossed it in the garbage can.

 

I said, "I know that I seem like an old geek to you, but seriously how hard would it have been to just toss it in the garbage can, and don't you think this playground looks better being clean than having junk strewn all over the place?". I told him that he needs to have respect for his playground. I don't know if I really made an impact, or if ultimately he could care less and thought that I was old goofball.

 

On a nice note, once while picking up junk at the 15th & Eastern park in Covington a good natured teen thanked me, and asked if I needed any help. I was almost finished and said it was fine, but that I was very impressed by him for asking and thanked him for doing so.

 

He and his buds were shooting a super lopsided basketball that was about as bad as I had ever seen, so luckily I had a spare basketball in my trunk that I gave to them. Him asking to help went a long way with me, and I was hoping that without saying so he understood that his actions were being rewarded, and that if you do good, good will come back to you.

 

When I lived on 20th and later Wallace Ave. I always told myself I was going to go down there and shoot ball, but had gotten away from the game. I always wondered who went there on the regular. Passed by there all the time going back and forth to NKU.

I didn't know this till recently but actually Jack Daniels IS bourbon and pretty much all government regulatory agencies put it in the bourbon category. The only reason Jack does not call itself bourbon is because it wants to stand out from the large bourbon crowd. You may have seen the Billboards which say, "It's not Scotch. It's not Bourbon. It's Jack!". Jack's parent company, Brown Forman, uses its massive industry influence to get the various industry associations to NOT categorize it as a bourbon.

 

It hits all the qualifications to be labeled bourbon:

 

- Made in the US

- Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn

- Aged in new, charred oak barrels

- Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume)

- Entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume

- Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)

- Aged at least two years to be called straight bourbon.

 

 

The fact that the bourbon is coal filtered (called the Lincoln County Process) does not disqualify it as being a bourbon, any of the bourbons could do so if they chose to. Ezra Brooks, Evan Williams Black Label and Jim Beam Choice are all coal filtered and are all straight bourbon.

 

Having issues with this …

Don't go to a Bourbon bar in Bardstown and wonder why a place with 100+ Bourbons doesn't have a deep selection of Scotch or Irish Whisky.

Don't go to a Bourbon bar in Bardstown and wonder why a place with 100+ Bourbons doesn't have a deep selection of Scotch or Irish Whisky.

 

They are starting to get decent eye selections correct?

Rye, not eye

Having issues with this …

 

Sorry. Granted let's be honest. If I were to pour 9 shots of different bourbons and one of Jack, how many Bourbon aficionados could pick out the Jack? I'm sure they would all say the could but how many would put their money where their mouth is with a decent sized bet?

I really really hate people driving in the left lane.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.