Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is something that is unimportant, but you have a very strong opinion about?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rye, not eye

 

Yeah, there's a lot more of that. It is also made locally, so that's why. At the place I work, we have been able to keep the Sazerac Rye on the regular. They don't even bring us the Rittenhouse, which troubles me.

Sorry. Granted let's be honest. If I were to pour 9 shots of different bourbons and one of Jack, how many Bourbon aficionados could pick out the Jack? I'm sure they would all say the could but how many would put their money where their mouth is with a decent sized bet?

 

I could probably pull it off under very strict, very sterile conditions.

People that walk around with a Mt. Dew bottle at all times.

 

I've seen people walk into a funeral visitation, walk up to the casket and greet the family all while toting a bottle of Dew under their arm.

People that walk around with a Mt. Dew bottle at all times.

 

I've seen people walk into a funeral visitation, walk up to the casket and greet the family all while toting a bottle of Dew under their arm.

 

I'm not sure if it is a golden triangle thing, but this is something about Kentucky I have no experience with.

I'm not sure if it is a golden triangle thing, but this is something about Kentucky I have no experience with.

 

At one time eastern Kentucky had the highest Mt Dew sales of any territory for PepsiCo.

New one. Adult males who message me at work, or on the phone, and use emojis.

When I lived on 20th and later Wallace Ave. I always told myself I was going to go down there and shoot ball, but had gotten away from the game. I always wondered who went there on the regular. Passed by there all the time going back and forth to NKU.

 

You didn't miss anything...

 

For starters out of the 4 hoops, there's only one of them sorta worth shooting on while the other 3 are severely bent.

 

When it rains there are giant puddles that form near the court, and at one hoop there's typically grime on the surface from mud that has drained there. Even after it dries it's still a filthy mess.

 

When I shot there for the first time in a few years about a month ago, what I came upon was a complete disaster area.

 

Aside from the overload of normal garbage (plastic pop bottles, cans, broken glass, candy and snack wrappers) there were long abandoned rained on soggy T-shirts scattered everywhere, dirty diapers, a kid's entire plastic big wheel hanging in a hoop that I was able to knock down with the ball. I even found 3 metal spoons scattered around the premises along with countless Swisher Sweets wrappers and tips.

 

It's when I went back a few days later when the kid who showed up asking if he could help came along, and in those few days there were already roughly 15 bottles and cans strewn about with concrete evidence that those who hang there (not counting the nice kid) were going to waste no time allowing it to swiftly turn back into a hell hole again.

 

The city seems to keep the grass on the baseball field trimmed, so they do make their presence known, but from what I saw litter control isn't much of priority. Perhaps my clean up put them back on track to at least try a little, but it's obviously a constant battle.

 

Though there's really not many perfectly safe and clean courts in Covington, 15th & Eastern is definitely NOT my go to.

 

There's a handful of courts throughout Covington, some popular, and a couple off the beaten path that hardly anyone knows about, with only a couple courts being solid and truly worth playing on. Some are crap because either the pavement is cracked, or the nets are worn, or non existent.

 

Probably the best one within the city's urban core, though it too has issues of its own, is the Kenny Shields Park at 9th & Philly.

 

It's down in a sewer hole and often times can stink as well as being a bit dicey with prostitutes and heroin addicts ducking into the wooded area pretty regularly, or sometimes meeting ground for rumbles, which I just witnessed a couple of weeks ago where two giant groups of teens, guys and gals, gathered for a girl fight where though the participants had the option of grass or black top, they opted for a hilly uneven ground of rough gravel to fight on... Go figure.

 

I was far enough away from the action, alone shooting ball to not get involved, and shortly afterwards a dude around aged 30 that seemed to know them came along and split them up. One group left while the other remained for a while shouting loudly and boisterously, full of vim and vinegar.

 

Anyhow the courts there are probably the best that the inner city of Covington has to offer. At least all 4 nets are good, and the height of each hoop feels accurate, and the playing surface is even.

 

Still sometimes I feel vulnerable when being there alone not ever knowing if and when desperate drug addicts will decide to target me for criminal activity, and being down in a hole it sits away from the public eye.

 

When I'm not in the mood to deal with the nonsense or take my chances, I'll at times drive a little further to the outskirts to shoot where it tends to be cleaner and is much safer.

New one. Adult males who message me at work, or on the phone, and use emojis.

Between males it's weird. However, I made an effort to step up my emoji game when talking to women and landed my soon to be wife. I swear there's a correlation.

People that walk around with a Mt. Dew bottle at all times.

 

I've seen people walk into a funeral visitation, walk up to the casket and greet the family all while toting a bottle of Dew under their arm.

 

Where else are they going to spit their tobacco juice?

Strongly advocate the elimination of the penny from US currency. (Nickel is almost ready to go as well.)

 

Also, dollars should be coins rather than bills (and there should be a $2 coin as well).

 

That said, I would support a completely currency-free economy. Put everything into the card system (credit, debit, gift, phone, etc.) and eliminate all cash transactions.

I hate flimsy forks and spoons. I need a nice piece of steel... Really bothers me.

 

I am in complete agreement with you. Flatware should have some heft to it.

I am in complete agreement with you. Flatware should have some heft to it.

 

We have a mixture of flatware. I will search till my food is cold for one of my good forks..I'll wash one if I have too. Lol I'm weird like that.. My wife just shakes her head at me...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.