Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs Conner Predictions

Featured Replies

Coach Mueller has a reputation of beating teams as bad as possible and seldom shows much mercy..
Not the least bit true. But not an unexpected response. :rolleyes:
  • Replies 57
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the least bit true. But not an unexpected response. :rolleyes:

 

:rolleyes: Very very true but yours is a response that all would expect from a bluebird backer. The man goes for 2 when he is up by 70 so who is kidding who here.. :ylsuper: :p :thumb:

:rolleyes: Very very true but yours is a response that all would expect from a bluebird backer. The man goes for 2 when he is up by 70 so who is kidding who here.. :ylsuper: :p :thumb:
No, just the truth. Without the very green glasses, it would be clearer. I would try to explain all how's and why's; but it's been explained on here countless times, and I think everyone else gets it.
  • Author
:rolleyes: Very very true but yours is a response that all would expect from a bluebird backer. The man goes for 2 when he is up by 70 so who is kidding who here.. :ylsuper: :p :thumb:

That's why the jv played most of the 3rd. and all of the 4th against Dixie....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: HHS could of beat them into the ground if Dale had wanted to.. Your sarcastic remarks get real old.:irked:

Highlands by as much as they want it to be or better yet as much as Coach Mueller wants it to be. Coach Mueller has a reputation of beating teams as bad as possible and seldom shows much mercy..

 

That's just silly. If Dale wanted to beat Dixie by more he would have stuck to the run. Dale was more interested on improving his team (his passing offense) than just scoring points and accordingly abandoned the run and went with the pass. I realize I will never convince you of the fact that Mueller is not this malicious, evil person that takes some perverse enjoyment beating other teams by 60 points, but hopefully some other people will accept what I post about the situation and Dale. Dale is focused on doing one thing: improving his team and he uses every opportunity to do so. Much like Tom kept his starters in against against our JV because he believed it would improve his team and kudos to him for doing so. And I'm sure you'll reply that I am a typical Highlands fan. And I'll appreciate the comment actually. I could be called a lot worse things.

What is the record for the most points scored in a Ky High School game.

 

Highlands will win and only God knows by how many

I know the Bluebirds scored 84 against the Bulldogs a few years back.

I know the Bluebirds scored 84 against the Bulldogs a few years back.
Holmes 77 HHS 0 - 1920

 

Holmes 48 HHS 0 - 1931

 

Holmes 40 HHS 6 - 1932

;)

Since there is no one to speak up for the Cougars, I will have to make a feeble stab. The feeble part is due to the fact that I have not been able to observe practice on an every day basis much as I have for the past 6-7 years. I'm working out of town, but until some additional Cougars that are at home start chiming in, I'm going to attempt to bolster them as much as I can. If we lived in a perfect world, it would be wonderful to expect the Cougars to win this game. However, we don't live there nor do the Birds. The talent level is much higher across the board for the Birds than for my beloved Cougars - that is simply a fact and not a slam for the Cougars. The talent is coming for the Cougars, in fact some will be seen with the young sophomores that will be playing Friday. They'll get better as the season progresses and this game will help. Although there are not as many seniors as one would like, the ones at there are supremely committed to their team and coaches. They will compete on Friday, of that I"m sure. They'll show much heart - I'm sure of that as well. Tom will have a decent plan for a victory, but the depth that the Birds have will win out in the end most likely, though.

 

Final Score - Birds 35

Cougars 10

 

Go COUGARS!!!! PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

One more thing I meant to add to my other post, Highlands is one of my least favorite teams to have to compete against. Realizing that I won't be competing nor is it likely that anyone else posting here either, I would like to clarify the reasons. It has nothing to do with their records nor the seeming attitude that some perceive that the Birds have. I purposely changed my mindset when the Cougars played the Birds last year with great results. I was treated with the utmost respect among the Birds fans in the area where I was seated. In the past, I went to Ft. Thomas expecting to have problems and they were there. Most of them were caused by my attitude at the time. Perception has a lot to do with that and I've learned that in the past few years.

 

There's nothing wrong with winning or being a winner. It is what we all want to do when we or our favorite team goes on any field of competition. It will be like that for these kids once they leave their respective high schools. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD - in high school athletics or in life. We must compete at our highest level at all times. I choose not to complain about those that are succeeding much as the Birds do every year, but to try and change the attitude of those associated with the teams I follow. Life is too short to harbor feelings of jealousy - a wasted and way overrated emotion! I don't mean for this to be directed toward anyone in particular - just to show that there are some NKY fans that try to understand the mindset in Ft. Thomas. Perhaps if we fans and athletes at the other less successful programs aspired to the Bird's expectations, we would all see successful results for our teams as well.

 

I won't get to be there on Friday as I'll be stuck in Detroit, but I'll be pulling for the Cougars here as I follow the game on the internet posts on BGP.

 

GO COUGARS!!!

There's nothing wrong with winning or being a winner. It is what we all want to do when we or our favorite team goes on any field of competition. It will be like that for these kids once they leave their respective high schools. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD - in high school athletics or in life. We must compete at our highest level at all times. I choose not to complain about those that are succeeding much as the Birds do every year, but to try and change the attitude of those associated with the teams I follow. Life is too short to harbor feelings of jealousy - a wasted and way overrated emotion! I don't mean for this to be directed toward anyone in particular - just to show that there are some NKY fans that try to understand the mindset in Ft. Thomas. Perhaps if we fans and athletes at the other less successful programs aspired to the Bird's expectations, we would all see successful results for our teams as well.
This was a fantastic post NKY_YouthCoach. We all should take your advice.
  • Author
One more thing I meant to add to my other post, Highlands is one of my least favorite teams to have to compete against. Realizing that I won't be competing nor is it likely that anyone else posting here either, I would like to clarify the reasons. It has nothing to do with their records nor the seeming attitude that some perceive that the Birds have. I purposely changed my mindset when the Cougars played the Birds last year with great results. I was treated with the utmost respect among the Birds fans in the area where I was seated. In the past, I went to Ft. Thomas expecting to have problems and they were there. Most of them were caused by my attitude at the time. Perception has a lot to do with that and I've learned that in the past few years.

 

There's nothing wrong with winning or being a winner. It is what we all want to do when we or our favorite team goes on any field of competition. It will be like that for these kids once they leave their respective high schools. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD - in high school athletics or in life. We must compete at our highest level at all times. I choose not to complain about those that are succeeding much as the Birds do every year, but to try and change the attitude of those associated with the teams I follow. Life is too short to harbor feelings of jealousy - a wasted and way overrated emotion! I don't mean for this to be directed toward anyone in particular - just to show that there are some NKY fans that try to understand the mindset in Ft. Thomas. Perhaps if we fans and athletes at the other less successful programs aspired to the Bird's expectations, we would all see successful results for our teams as well.

 

I won't get to be there on Friday as I'll be stuck in Detroit, but I'll be pulling for the Cougars here as I follow the game on the internet posts on BGP.

 

GO COUGARS!!!

Great post coach......Someone who gets it........:thumb:

I hope that Conner players stay clear of this mess.... Highlands needs to pull back the bragging rights and consider that ALL players need to keep the dream alive and that on any given friday night, any thing is possible. I say, Go Conner! Don't listen to all the nonsense and be your own team! Good luck!

That's why the jv played most of the 3rd. and all of the 4th against Dixie....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: HHS could of beat them into the ground if Dale had wanted to.. Your sarcastic remarks get real old.:irked:

:p Then block my post if they bother you so much. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are..and my opinion and those of many others (outside of Ft. Thomas of course) is that he takes great joy in running the score up. If you don't care for sarcastic remarks then I'm not sure how you spend any time on BGP's. This place is full of guys that think their funny (myself included). Maybe you should say I don't care for sarcastic remarks that don't fall in line with your way of thinking..:p:D

Lets get it back to the game and not each other.:irked:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.