Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic institutes Mandatory student Drug testing

Featured Replies

I agree, Public School, don't even think about it, Private School, do your thing and switch girl.

 

Illegal to test ALL students in a public school

  • Replies 81
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illegal to test ALL students in a public school

 

And if a public school is going to test it should be all or none. No cherry picking certain groups of students.

My thoughts as well. Completely against it if it's a public school, but private schools can do what they want.

 

Correct, they can. However, it still violates individual rights to privacy. Parents give their kids consent away by sending them to the institution, so you are ok. My question is what about the kid who is 18? Does he have to leave CovCath or consent to the test?

Bob Rowe is the most effective high school principal I have seen in my lifetime. The CCH he took over and the CCH of today are dramatically different in my opinion and all for the best.

 

It is amazing isn't it. And to think they promoted the last guy... :eek:

On a tangent issue VoR, I am still getting a steady stream of Basketball is still King at CCH and Football is still the red-headed step child.

 

Some things never change.

What is penalty for failing a drug test

 

If they penalize then everyone will know they are on drugs and wouldn't that be degrading and breaking confidentiality.

What is penalty for failing a drug test

 

If they penalize then everyone will know they are on drugs and wouldn't that be degrading and breaking confidentiality.

 

I did a quick read of the article, it's confidential and they work with you, your parents and St. E Hospital I believe.

What is penalty for failing a drug test

 

If they penalize then everyone will know they are on drugs and wouldn't that be degrading and breaking confidentiality.

 

It's in the article. No penalty for first offense. Family notified and some sort of counseling. No extracurriculars on 2nd offense.

And if a public school is going to test it should be all or none. No cherry picking certain groups of students.

 

Definitely shouldn't be all. If you're going to compel someone to hand over evidence against him/herself, there'd better at least be a good reason or some PC.

Trinity started something similar last year, correct?

Global random testing is against the law in KY public schools.

 

Mason County is considering it for students involved with extracurricular activities. Problem with that is - those students generally aren't the ones we should be worrying about.

 

Not sure you can say that with what happened this past year at MC. I think it should be random but include all kids and teachers/administration.

 

Randomly pick so many a month from each group.

Not sure you can say that with what happened this past year at MC. I think it should be random but include all kids and teachers/administration.

 

Randomly pick so many a month from each group.

 

I said "generally".

 

And would a drug test have revealed anything in the case you're referring to? Perhaps not.

I said "generally".

 

And would a drug test have revealed anything in the case you're referring to? Perhaps not.

 

Surely you don't believe that?

I like it. Another solid life lesson to teach the young men of CovCath. I would like to see NewCath do this as well. I didn't read in much detail but I assume it will be done at completely random times. Not that I know or anything g but there are many different ways to clean out you system of certain substances if you have fair warning before test.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.