Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Around the NFL's Dalton Scale: Andy Dalton is now a franchise quarterback

Featured Replies

Andy Dalton is a franchise quarterback. Hearing someone say that two or three years ago would've sounded pretty wild, but Dalton made a leap that no one expected he would. Entering the league, Dalton was viewed as a high-floor, low-ceiling prospect. Five years later, it's safe to say Dalton has already skyrocketed above where many believed his ceiling would be.

 

Around the NFL's Dalton Scale: Andy Dalton is now a franchise quarterback - Cincy Jungle

  • Author

Agree or Disagree? Is Andy Dalton a Franchise QB?

Agree or Disagree? Is Andy Dalton a Franchise QB?

 

Absolutely he is a franchise QB. While IMO he will never be considered elite or a top 10 QB, he is some one that you build a team around. I know every one will always point out of the playoff record and what not, but the way the Bengals are built and how good the roster is, eventually they will break through. Before last year I remember everybody was talking about "The Dalton Line" as reference if you have a QB or not. This year I'm not hearing or reading that anywhere.

It's hard to be objective about the Bengals or Dalton, but I say he is. In a league where probably less than half the teams have a legitimate, NFL-quality quarterback, being one - and Dalton is one - makes you a franchise QB. That doesn't mean he's in the elite tier or doesn't have his flaws (playoff success being one of them), but I imagine someone like Jeffrey Lurie would commit murder to have a quarterback like Dalton.

Definitely, he is a franchise QB.... One of the top 15 in the league IMO at the moment...

One of the top 5 QB's in Bengals history without a doubt...

 

May or may not turn into a championship caliber QB... That is still out there, and needs to be accomplished for sure.

How many NFL quarterbacks after five years in the league led their team to the playoffs every season?

How many NFL quarterbacks after five years in the league led their team to the playoffs every season?

 

Not going to go very in depth on this but over the last 5 seasons the Bengals have had one of the most loaded rosters in the NFL.

Dalton is this franchise's quarterback. I want to ask...how many other teams would he be considered that?

Dalton is this franchise's quarterback. I want to ask...how many other teams would he be considered that?

Around 20 others would love to have him I'm sure...

Dalton is this franchise's quarterback. I want to ask...how many other teams would he be considered that?

 

More than half.

 

Definitely - Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Texans, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins, Vikings, Bears, 49ers, Rams

 

Right now, maybe not future with whom they have: Jags, Buccaneers, Titans, Raiders

 

Definitely not - Pats, Packers, Giants, Cowboys, Chargers, Steelers, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints, Colts

 

He would compete at (this is the group he is in) - Lions, Ravens, Chiefs, Falcons, Cardinals

 

I think he would be a backup on only nine teams and he might give some of them a run for their money.

More than half.

 

Definitely - Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Texans, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins, Vikings, Bears, 49ers, Rams

 

Right now, maybe not future with whom they have: Jags, Buccaneers, Titans, Raiders

 

Definitely not - Pats, Packers, Giants, Cowboys, Chargers, Steelers, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints, Colts

 

He would compete at (this is the group he is in) - Lions, Ravens, Chiefs, Falcons, Cardinals

 

I think he would be a backup on only nine teams and he might give some of them a run for their money.

 

Agreed... I'd even go as far to say... If I were a Lions, Chiefs or Falcons fan... I'd rather have Dalton.

 

I also don't think the Cowboys and Steelers are a stretch because knowing their QB's careers' are winding down...I'm sure they'd rather have Dalton take over in the near future rather than their current back ups.

More than half.

 

Definitely - Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Texans, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins, Vikings, Bears, 49ers, Rams

 

Right now, maybe not future with whom they have: Jags, Buccaneers, Titans, Raiders

 

Definitely not - Pats, Packers, Giants, Cowboys, Chargers, Steelers, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints, Colts

 

He would compete at (this is the group he is in) - Lions, Ravens, Chiefs, Falcons, Cardinals

 

I think he would be a backup on only nine teams and he might give some of them a run for their money.

 

I would move Redskins down into would compete, mainly because I think Kirk Cousins is the real deal, but we will find that out this year. Same with Vikings, while I'm not a big Teddy guy, I think he needs another year to see where he stands. Cowboys would be a definitely IMO with Romo and his age.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.