Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: North Oldham

Featured Replies

Reading a tweet from Elliott Pratt at the Oldham Era that says Head Coach Billy Martin has resigned as Head Football Coach to care for a family member.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy had some health issues last year and I know that his Dad has been having some health problems. His Dad still lives in Henderson and that makes it tough on Coach Martin. Sometimes you give so much to this business and others that your family has to sacrifice. I can tell you from experience, I lost my mother last year on a game day and they are so much that I regret, Take care of the most important people in your life Coach.

 

Coach Martin and his wife Nancy will be sorely missed at North Oldham. They not only coached their players but treated them like children of their own. They would have team gatherings and meals for the players at their home. I saw times when the players needed hugs and Coach Martin was there for that as well as when they need a corrective hand and guided in the right direction. Coach Martin can coach my son any day.

 

Best of luck to Coach Martin and his family in the future. I am proud to call you my friend Coach.

I'm sure they'll hate to see him leave, but he's done a really nice job there. The current alignment left them with a difficult district, but I would think North Oldham will draw a good number of strong candidates.

Class Act, does a great job, praying the best for Coach Martin and his family

 

I second all of that.

Tough seeing this--both for the program at NOHS but more importantly for him regarding his family.

 

Extremely loyal man and passionate about kids being successful. Won't be easy to replace to be sure!

My son went to see him at home when he heard about it. That's how he affected the kids he coached it was about life after football also.

My son went to see him at home when he heard about it. That's how he affected the kids he coached it was about life after football also.

 

The man spent 10 years building that program. Showed extreme loyalty to the program and when the time came for people to show him the same. The weak administration ducked their heads.

I am hearing this may have not been all that was going on. Bob and Chris Redmond were contacted weeks ago about the job. I hope he wasn't forced out, administration may have known this was coming. However sounds shady.

I am hearing this may have not been all that was going on. Bob and Chris Redmond were contacted weeks ago about the job. I hope he wasn't forced out, administration may have known this was coming. However sounds shady.

The story I have heard is indeed as you are alluding to. QB's daddy has too much money for Jr. to be a wing-t QB. Read between the lines. Coach Martin deserved better.

The story I have heard is indeed as you are alluding to. QB's daddy has too much money for Jr. to be a wing-t QB. Read between the lines. Coach Martin deserved better.

 

Is this the transfer QB they got? What is this world coming too. People are crazy.

I am hearing this may have not been all that was going on. Bob and Chris Redmond were contacted weeks ago about the job. I hope he wasn't forced out, administration may have known this was coming. However sounds shady.

 

Didn't hear names involved but heard there was someone that wanted North Oldham to start chucking the ball around. Weak weak administration the money that bought a coaching change will buy their job next time!

  • Author
Is this the transfer QB they got? What is this world coming too. People are crazy.

 

What transfer QB? Have not heard that one.

I heard the young QB from Waggener transferred at the end of the season because they got the Harpers and he didn't think he could win starting QB job.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.