Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio All-Stars 94 Kentucky All-Stars 92

Featured Replies

Biggest lead for both teams?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Biggest lead for both teams?

 

I thought I read that KY started the game winning 13-0.

I think Kentucky was up by 14 at one point and Ohio was up 10-12 late in the game when Kentucky made their final surge.

Just curious how they handled playing time . Was it a 5 in 5 out plan or did they play with the strongest lineup to win? I noticed several players didn't score just curious if they had an opportunity .

I thought I read that KY started the game winning 13-0.

Correct, first 5 minute cycle for Ky was dominsting.

Didn't see his name listed for the buckeyes, but there seems to be some knowledge of talent across the river. Any idea where Drew Ogletree will be playing next season?

Just curious how they handled playing time . Was it a 5 in 5 out plan or did they play with the strongest lineup to win? I noticed several players didn't score just curious if they had an opportunity .

 

talked to a kid that played for KY last night, and he said he played about 5 minutes total. Coaches discretion I would guess from talking to him.

Ward was tough but as physical as he was, I felt Weyer more than held his own defensively.

 

Ben won't see anyone during his career at Bellarmine as big and strong as Ward is.

 

Xavier Simpson and Jon Teske, defensively, were really impressive for Ohio tonight. Simpson v Goodin was a really good match up. Michigan is getting a very solid duo with the two.

 

Carson played very well inside but eventually Ohio's talent and depth prevailed. Him combined with Faulkner and Jalen Tate gives NKU a very good trio to start the Jon Brannen Era.

 

Goodin is going to be really good for Xavier playing along side Edmond Sumner. His quickness and athleticism made him a tough match up all night. Simpson was able to slow him down some but that was about it.

 

Added to what he has coming back things are looking up.

Just curious how they handled playing time . Was it a 5 in 5 out plan or did they play with the strongest lineup to win? I noticed several players didn't score just curious if they had an opportunity .

 

Each group of 5 played 5 mins at a time until the final 10 minutes when both teams were allowed to put their best 5 on the floor together. Each team used a 7 or 8 man rotation during that time.

 

Cumberland and Simpson (top 2 vote get recipients for Mr Basketball in Ohio) didn't start for Ohio and were split up on the "2nd and 3rd" unit, to give you an idea of the type of rotation each team used.

 

Goodin and Faulkner didn't play together until the final 10 mins as well.

 

Final 10 mins saw the following combinations:

 

Ohio: Simpson, Cumberland, Landers, Tate, Ward/Teske

Kentucky: Goodin, Faulkner/Eaves, D. Williams/Cook, Weyer, C. Williams

 

Pretty sure those were the only players who saw the floor the final 10 mins. Might have missed a player or two for each team.

talked to a kid that played for KY last night, and he said he played about 5 minutes total. Coaches discretion I would guess from talking to him.

I don't think this is possible. I saw exactly what Walter saw in post #39, and did not see anyone overlooked in their two rotations. Last 10 minutes was game on to win it.

I don't think this is possible. I saw exactly what Walter saw in post #39, and did not see anyone overlooked in their two rotations. Last 10 minutes was game on to win it.

 

He might have said a couple of 5 minute periods, we were just shooting the breeze waiting for workouts. He wasn't complaining, said he had a great time and really enjoyed it.

Besides, playing 5 minutes a clip for these kids who don't know what the bench is might seem like not playing at all to them :lol:

They even stop the clock to ensure that everyone subs. Coaches had to show their rotation cards before the game as well. Hard for first group really, they start the last 5 of the half and do not come back until the 10 minute mark of the game. Every player gets at least 10 minutes

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.