Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cronin to UNLV?

Featured Replies

I know some on here like Cronin

but I am not a big fan.

When he was at Murray State he had a bunch of outlaws on his team. He would bring anybody to get that payday at a big school.

 

Like any other coach would do??

  • Replies 240
  • Views 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like any other coach would do??

Not to this degree. It was becoming a running joke. While he had some success at Murray State, many around the program, Univeristy, and community were not upset to see him leave.

If I was going to put anything on Cronin at this point it would be this.

 

Understanding that UC needs to be in a better conference and needs upgraded facilities, they should still be dominating the lower mid level conference they are in, and they dont. I will give UC a pass when it comes to UConn as they got screwed in the whole Big East deal as well, but other than UConn, UC should be one of the top 2 dogs in the conference they are in, and they are not. That you can put on Cronin to a large extent.

It's official! Cronin is staying at UC. Told you so. I can see their release right know at UC being wordsmithed:

 

CINCINNATI - UC head coach Mick Cronin has signed an extension to remain the head coach at UC.

 

"I love Cincinnati and am committed to this program," Cronin said. "It's nice that others schools show an interest in you as a coach, but there are a lot of exciting things about the future in UC athletics."

 

lol - just a guess at how they will spin it.

UNLV players are saying they will transfer if Mick is hired. They want Stacy Augmon hired.

 

The fans were also going to revolt in Vegas if Cronin had been hired. They want a run 'n gun type of offense, not Cronin's 61 points per game and boredom. It's UNLV Runnin' Rebels. It was all just a bluff.

  • Author

If it was all a ploy by Mick, it certainly worked:

 

Santa J. Ono ‏@PrezOno

I've been in touch with AD Mike Bohn and he is doing everything he can to negotiate with Mick to keep him in Cincinnati.

Like any other coach would do??

 

No. Kennedy and Prohm brought the fans back to the games. A lot people I know would not even consider going to a game with Cronin as coach. His players were constantly in trouble on campus and with the police.

No. Kennedy and Prohm brought the fans back to the games. A lot people I know would not even consider going to a game with Cronin as coach. His players were constantly in trouble on campus and with the police.

 

Look at the coments section from today's Las Vegas newspaper re: Cronin. No one wants him but Santa Ono. No wonder UC is a disaster of a school with an idiot president like Ono.

 

Cincinnati’s Cronin in Las Vegas to check out UNLV hoops job - Las Vegas Sun News

If it was all a ploy by Mick, it certainly worked:

 

Santa J. Ono ‏@PrezOno

I've been in touch with AD Mike Bohn and he is doing everything he can to negotiate with Mick to keep him in Cincinnati.

 

 

It was all just leverage. Ono is an idiot, but I knew this was coming. He's already back en route to Cincy to let everyone know he was never seriously going to UNLV. lol.

@trigonis30: My Vegas sources tell me Mick Cronin is touring UNLV's athletic facilities as I tweet

It was all just leverage. Ono is an idiot, but I knew this was coming. He's already back en route to Cincy to let everyone know he was never seriously going to UNLV. lol.

You mad bro?

He is being mentioned with Pitt as well.

You mad bro?

 

He will be in Cincy tomorrow. Presser in the afternoon to announce he's staying put. Not like Travis Steele last year at NKU. Ooops.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.