Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cronin to UNLV?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 240
  • Views 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Report: Cronin in Vegas to talk UNLV job

 

In March 2015, Cronin had this response when asked about being approached for other jobs.

 

"I'm the only guy who has an agent that doesn't need one. I have no interest, none. The only job I have an interest in is the Cincinnati job."

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 7m7 minutes ago

 

Every single person I’ve spoken with believes Mick Cronin will be the next coach at UNLV. But it’s not done yet.

I'm surprised at this. Cincy was his dream job.

 

Besides the nightlife why would you want to go UNLV?

I wouldn't blame him for leaving UC.

 

UC would be idiots to let him walk.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 7m7 minutes ago

 

Every single person I’ve spoken with believes Mick Cronin will be the next coach at UNLV. But it’s not done yet.

 

Cronin is not leaving UC. This is his way of trying to leverage UC into paying his assistants more cash, and get the arena renovations started. He isn't going to UNLV. From what I have heard, the UNLV people aren't overwhelmed by Cronin in the first place. UNLV is just panicked at this point.

From what I have heard, the UNLV people aren't overwhelmed by Cronin in the first place. UNLV is just panicked at this point.

 

You've got better sources than Parrish? Impressive.

I'm surprised at this. Cincy was his dream job.

 

Besides the nightlife why would you want to go UNLV?

 

He's not going anywhere. Cronin is trying to get more money for his assistants and pressure the UC AD into rushing the arena renovations.

Cronin is not leaving UC. This is his way of trying to leverage UC into paying his assistants more cash, and get the arena renovations started. He isn't going to UNLV. From what I have heard, the UNLV people aren't overwhelmed by Cronin in the first place. UNLV is just panicked at this point.

 

I guess we'll find out won't we....

You've got better sources than Parrish? Impressive.

 

Watch and see. Cronin is going nowhere. At least not to UNLV.

He's not going anywhere. Cronin is trying to get more money for his assistants and pressure the UC AD into rushing the arena renovations.

 

I would think not but if UC doesn't blink then what happens?

He's not going anywhere. Cronin is trying to get more money for his assistants and pressure the UC AD into rushing the arena renovations.

 

He's done this a few times, hasn't he? Pushed for a raise for himself, or facilities? I don't blame him, but you do wonder if Cincinnati might be okay with him leaving?

I'm surprised at this. Cincy was his dream job.

 

Besides the nightlife why would you want to go UNLV?

Lack of resources/funding.

He's done this a few times, hasn't he? Pushed for a raise for himself, or facilities? I don't blame him, but you do wonder if Cincinnati might be okay with him leaving?

 

Cronin is the ultimate bluffer. He is not well liked by many UC boosters and fans because of the way he left UC for Louisville as an assistant years back. I couldn't believe they brought him back (Zimpher) when they had Andy Kennedy right there. His hiring divided the fan base and has never been the same.

Watch and see. Cronin is going nowhere. At least not to UNLV.

 

You may be right. That doesn't mean UNLV isn't interested.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.