March 23, 201610 yr Wrong. You need to read the WKU handbook on behavior and student code of conduct. Plenty of story here, especially since the head coach and AD knew about it. I didn't make a statement that asked for commentary, I asked a question. Is this a criminal complaint or a university inquiry ? It sounds like it is a university inquiry, in which case, nothing to see. It's a handbook violation, jobs are going to be lost and potentially students expelled...ok, happens all the time. I will ask again, is this a criminal complaint or a university issue ?
March 23, 201610 yr The curious ongoing case of WKU basketball still has a lot of unanswered questions
March 23, 201610 yr The BG Daily News is being extra cautious because they have no confirmations on the record and WKU is a huge partner with their publisher. The last thing a newspaper needs to do is lose a big advertiser in these days of dying newspapers. The BG Daily News will break it when they have all the facts that can be confirmed and people on the record. They know what happened, it's just a matter of how to break it without hurting their partnership with WKU and having paperwork or someone on the record. Another nail in the coffin of the Fourth Estate, if true. The very nature of hard-nosed journalism is the investigation and reporting of facts, regardless of who it exposes, or the ramifications. Anyone ever read "All The President's Men"?
March 23, 201610 yr I didn't make a statement that asked for commentary, I asked a question. Is this a criminal complaint or a university inquiry ? It sounds like it is a university inquiry, in which case, nothing to see. It's a handbook violation, jobs are going to be lost and potentially students expelled...ok, happens all the time. I will ask again, is this a criminal complaint or a university issue ? I heard over weekend that there is no current criminal investigation by any law enforcement.
March 23, 201610 yr Another nail in the coffin of the Fourth Estate, if true. The very nature of hard-nosed journalism is the investigation and reporting of facts, regardless of who it exposes, or the ramifications. Anyone ever read "All The President's Men"? I can't disagree with you. But the problem for the BG Dailey News is that if you lose WKU as a major partner/sponsor, you will not be able to pay reporters to break the stories in the first place. WKU is hiding behind FERPA on this one, will not disclose emails that taxpayers dollars are paying for, and the BG Dailey News is being extra cautious. Woodward and Bernstein would be ashamed at how media partnerships with those they should expose allow the guilty to walk free.
March 23, 201610 yr The WKU student newspaper ruffled feathers with its opinion piece yesterday. Look for Ransdell to retire a year earlier than expected.
March 23, 201610 yr The WKU student newspaper ruffled feathers with its opinion piece yesterday. Look for Ransdell to retire a year earlier than expected. Which is when?
March 23, 201610 yr I didn't make a statement that asked for commentary, I asked a question. Is this a criminal complaint or a university inquiry ? It sounds like it is a university inquiry, in which case, nothing to see. It's a handbook violation, jobs are going to be lost and potentially students expelled...ok, happens all the time. I will ask again, is this a criminal complaint or a university issue ? The article linked to said they had confirmed no NCAA infractions or criminal investigation was involved.
March 23, 201610 yr Which is when? 2017. But he is going to "gracefully" retire shortly. He will leave this mess for a new prez to clean up.
March 23, 201610 yr The article linked to said they had confirmed no NCAA infractions or criminal investigation was involved. This has nothing to do with NCAA violations.
March 24, 201610 yr The article linked to said they had confirmed no NCAA infractions or criminal investigation was involved. Thanks. So no NCAA, no criminal…..just violations of school code of conduct. Good enough….
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.