Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 61 Russell County 55 (4th Region Semifinals)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Terry Taylor with 18 & Thomas Booker 14 for the Purples.

 

Couple of players got ejected in this one, from what I'm seeing on Twitter.

Kyran Jones was the player ejected for Bowling Green. That's not insignificant. They're deep but he is one of their best players. He will miss tomorrow and (should they advance as expected) the opening game of the Sweet 16.

Kyran Jones was the player ejected for Bowling Green. That's not insignificant. They're deep but he is one of their best players. He will miss tomorrow and (should they advance as expected) the opening game of the Sweet 16.

 

Reminds me of Lamontray Harris.

 

Have to stay composed this time of the year. Have to.

Reminds me of Lamontray Harris. Have to stay composed this time of the year. Have to.

 

I'm willing to wager BG will appeal the ejection. There's a video online already showing the altercation.

Do you have a link to the video?

I hope they appeal. There is no doubt who started it and escalated it. It's shame a team losing toward the end of the game can do that because they aren't the ones who really suffer. Got to try to stay composed and walk away, but it's hard when got you surrounded and doing stuff like that. Then two or three guys basically throw you into the bench. Russell County should have had about 3 or 4 guys thrown out. Not that it really mattered, because they won't be playing tomorrow. They even had a guy run in from the other side of court into the group. I guess if you try to protect yourself or your teammate you run the risk of getting thrown out.

 

Apparently the refs used replay, which may be against the rules? I'm not really sure on that one. I just hate it for a team who will be moving forward to lose a player because some payers on another team can't handle losing.

Reminds me of Lamontray Harris.

 

Have to stay composed this time of the year. Have to.

 

Have to be clear - the Russell County kid started it. In a big way. Coach Sherrill indicated in his postgame presser that he doesn't think they got the right guy in Kyran. I'm inclined to agree from what I saw, but I don't know if they've got any recourse. From my vantage point on media row, I thought Booker threw a punch, not Jones. But I don't know that and haven't seen any video showing anything from an angle that would.

 

Whatever happened, was regrettable. Russell County got under the skin of Bowling Green more than most teams I've seen. Terry Taylor received a technical in the first half for throwing an elbow after a rebound when he was being harassed, and it sent him to the bench with three fouls. The player that was ejected for the Lakers was not shy about mixing it up on more than one occasion. But I'm sure neither team wants to see what happened, happen. Everyone is there to win a game.

After watching the video it's hard to be completely conclusive on punches thrown, but the instigator is clearly identifiable in #30. It sucks it had to go down like it did. I'll go ahead and throw out there that the officiating was very suspect.

Welcome to 2nd region officiating

Give us the team and number of each kid who was ejected.

Surely 50 red was ejected, right?

In the video it looks like #23 Booker threw a punch not #13 Jones. The video cuts off a lot of it so I could be wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.