Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 61 Russell County 55 (4th Region Semifinals)

Featured Replies

13 white got a bum deal. I didn't see anything worthy of an ejection. Maybe 23 white - maybe.

 

Someone said 30 red was instigator. That's not true. 50 red was clearly the instigator.

 

I didn't see any players leaving the bench for BG. Kudos to the coaches for realizing quickly that they had to corral them.

 

Ayers (25) is the only one I've even seen some questions about. He was at the scorer's table, waiting to check in. He does not participate in any hostilities as you can see, but, he is obviously out on the floor. I personally would call that a gray area, and he was definitely a calming presence. I agree, the coaches did a great job, and I thought the players themselves on the bench did a great job. They appeared composed from what you can see on the video.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
BG should be thankful they have two straight games that they should be able to win even without Jones.

 

That was my first thought as well, although I don't know anything at all about Barren County.

BG should be thankful they have two straight games that they should be able to win even without Jones.

 

So Bowling Green should be thankful that they will be without a kid who is averaging a double double for the year for a region final and a possible state tournament first round game? Gotcha.

So Bowling Green should be thankful that they will be without a kid who is averaging a double double for the year for a region final and a possible state tournament first round game? Gotcha.

 

That's not at all what I said. They should be thankful that the two games he is going to have to miss are ones they should still be able to win despite his absence.

That was my first thought as well, although I don't know anything at all about Barren County.

 

Barren County has an incredibly smart X's and O's coach that can keep them in every game - They also have a division 1 commit to Costal Carolina in Wade Coomer who can go for 40 on any given night and can shoot from the parking lot. Bowling Green is the clear favorite, but this game will not be a cake walk especially when you lose 12 points and 11 rebounds in the form of Jones. Discounting his absence is rather naive.

Edited by Shadow_Son

Barren County has an incredibly smart X's and O's coach that can keep them in every game - They also have a division 1 commit to Costal Carolina in Wade Coomer who can go for 40 on any given night and can shoot from the parking lot. Bowling Green is the clear favorite, but this game will not be a cake walk especially when you lose 12 points and 11 rebounds in the form of Jones. Discounting his absence is rather naive.

 

Oh really? 40 on any given night?

Oh really? 40 on any given night?

 

Seeing he scored 28 against BG a year ago in the region semis and missed a couple freebies late...I'd say a year more seasoned with a shot at rupp on the line as a senior it isnt out of the question, no?

Seeing he scored 28 against BG a year ago in the region semis and missed a couple freebies late...I'd say a year more seasoned with a shot at rupp on the line as a senior it isnt out of the question, no?

 

I failed to see where he scored 40 this season. Therefore I say it's HIGHLY unlikely he does it against arguably the top team in the State.

I failed to see where he scored 40 this season. Therefore I say it's HIGHLY unlikely he does it against arguably the top team in the State.

 

I'm glad you said arguably. I have seen Bowling Green play twice and I have seen Christian County play multiple times. I don't think they are even the best team in western Kentucky. I have yet to see Dunbar, Mercer County and some of the other top ranked teams but the rest I've seen has been Christian County.

Well arguable is the correct term of course. Christian County has a great team no doubt. And when you look at the common opponents, it looks pretty even, if you can even gauge anything by that. But it is all we have to go on.

 

But the Purples have to first take of business tonight before they need to worry about anybody else. And they don't give these things away they have to be earned. Barren County will come ready to play. If BG plays well they should win, but they are already down a big man. They gotta come focused and IMO play better than they did last night.

Well arguable is the correct term of course. Christian County has a great team no doubt. And when you look at the common opponents, it looks pretty even, if you can even gauge anything by that. But it is all we have to go on.

 

But the Purples have to first take of business tonight before they need to worry about anybody else. And they don't give these things away they have to be earned. Barren County will come ready to play. If BG plays well they should win, but they are already down a big man. They gotta come focused and IMO play better than they did last night.

 

Imagine if both Jones and Booker had gotten ejected. Bowling Green would have had to play with kids that are actually from Bowling Green. Wouldn't that be a sight.

Imagine if both Jones and Booker had gotten ejected. Bowling Green would have had to play with kids that are actually from Bowling Green. Wouldn't that be a sight.

 

Wow.....what an innovator you are. I don't think I've ever heard someone make a comment like that before. You are brilliant, I mean it. Get Zanies Comedy Club on the line.

 

In all seriousness that's a ridiculous statement that doesn't even need to be addressed.

Imagine if both Jones and Booker had gotten ejected. Bowling Green would have had to play with kids that are actually from Bowling Green. Wouldn't that be a sight.

 

Somebody is upset. This is cute.

Imagine if both Jones and Booker had gotten ejected. Bowling Green would have had to play with kids that are actually from Bowling Green. Wouldn't that be a sight.

 

Pretty funny statement given Warren Central ran the 4th region for over a decade with next to no home grown players whatsoever. Everyone loves to hate ol Bowling Green. And what about christian county and hoptown? Those kids trade schools like nba players. Tired argument used by moronic haters.

Pretty funny statement given Warren Central ran the 4th region for over a decade with next to no home grown players whatsoever. Everyone loves to hate ol Bowling Green. And what about christian county and hoptown? Those kids trade schools like nba players. Tired argument used by moronic haters.

 

Now now, again, why sling mud on someone who's not involved? I've never seen someone so eager to throw another team under the bus. You did it in the Hoptown/BG thread and here you are doing it again in a separate thread.

 

:deadhorse:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.