February 25, 201610 yr Butch said it never happened. Matt Jones reported today that the player wasn't originally part of the suit. The player made this statement under oath, he would be looking at a perjury charge if fabricated.
February 25, 201610 yr I think most upper division colleges take them. Look at the number of boneheads now in the NFL. Agreed. Seems to be a disproportionate number at Tennessee in recent years.
February 26, 201610 yr Fire him! So UK can hire him! Don't forget to ask your doctor to increase your meds.
February 26, 201610 yr I don't know, but his believability is about on the same level as Clinton right now, for me anyway. Based on what?
February 26, 201610 yr Matt Jones reported today that the player wasn't originally part of the suit. The player made this statement under oath, he would be looking at a perjury charge if fabricated. And how would perjury be proven?
February 26, 201610 yr Jones supposedly made a comment back when all of this happened that he apologized to the player... I heard that on SEC Channel today, if that's true then it would seem that Jones was admitting to it then. If Jones knew that the player was attacked or beat up by other players and that's why he helped him transfer...Fire Him! This all stinks but with the wagons circling in Knoxville I wonder if the truth in this particular situation comes out. If the beating by team mates happened it's horrible. If any coaches knew about the beating/attack or witnessed it, they should be out of football permanently...and this would be worse than the mess at UofL. If Jones called the player a traitor for taking the side of a young woman that was allegedly raped by two football players and encouraging her to contact the police...Dave Hart needs to FIRE HIM Today!!! Then start settlement conferences on the Title IX case and open up the checkbook. Because if the HC of the biggest sport on campus that influences the most student athletes has that sort of attitude towards violence against women, then their going to lose the lawsuit in a catastrophic way.
February 26, 201610 yr I'm wondering, we might be putting the wrong pieces together on this. Jones may have called him a traitor after getting in a fight with teammates without knowing what they were fighting about and before Jones found out about the assult. It's possible
February 26, 201610 yr Based on what? Based on nothing about what I know of him. I base this off of 2 things: 1. Major college coaches and their inability to accept the reality of scandals and their role in them when facing the public; and 2. Jones has every reason to lie, and I am not sure that that kid does.
February 26, 201610 yr And how would perjury be proven? It probably would never be proven. The context of the statement was in relation to the Louisville scandal. Matt Jones was saying there is a difference between making a statement to the press and making one under oath.
February 26, 201610 yr Based on nothing about what I know of him. I base this off of 2 things: 1. Major college coaches and their inability to accept the reality of scandals and their role in them when facing the public; and 2. Jones has every reason to lie, and I am not sure that that kid does. For a charge as serious as this one I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the guy who has never had this type of allegation.
February 26, 201610 yr It probably would never be proven. The context of the statement was in relation to the Louisville scandal. Matt Jones was saying there is a difference between making a statement to the press and making one under oath. But the question was posed asking why would he lie under oath if perjury could result. My point is that unless it was in an email or a recorded phone call the player can say anything under oath because it will never be proven. So, he could lie knowing it could never be proven , thus, no perjury.
February 26, 201610 yr For a charge as serious as this one I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the guy who has never had this type of allegation. That's fine. I can completely see him flipping out, especially with the part where he called back with the apology after realizing what he said was wrong. He's an emotional coach, and not many people can divorce the two.
February 26, 201610 yr AD at UT saying that all the drama is impacting their image and, more importantly, recruiting in all sports. If you've got a gymnast or volleyball playing daughter do you trust that culture to let your little girl go there? No way. I'd have to guess that most, if not all, coaches are now using negative recruiting against UT every chance they get. Just another example of what some coaches will do to win. You take the star athlete with baggage in order to keep your job or recruit 'good' kids and get fired in three years? Yes, there is a middle but most good teams have a mix of bad/good kids.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.