February 20, 201610 yr Thankfully both cops are alive and it looks like they will survive. The gunman is in critical condition. http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-officers-shot-brooklyn-stable-condition-article-1.2538317 I can't imagine the mindset of wanting to harm a cop let alone pointing a gun at one. I just don't get it.
February 20, 201610 yr I can't imagine as a police officer that it would get much worse than having to patrol a place like Bedford-Stuyvesant at 3:00 A.M. Makes me really thankful that I have a job where more than likely people are not out to hurt me.
February 20, 201610 yr Author I can't imagine as a police officer that it would get much worse than having to patrol a place like Bedford-Stuyvesant at 3:00 A.M. Makes me really thankful that I have a job where more than likely people are not out to hurt me. I takes a special person to become a cop. In this day and age it takes extremely special people to continue to be a cop.
February 20, 201610 yr I know that they are so scrutinized with every incident that involves a shooting, but I've said many times, I'm thankful I'm not in that situation. I'd shoot first, figure out the details later. Of course, in my profession, that works great.
February 21, 201610 yr I takes a special person to become a cop. In this day and age it takes extremely special people to continue to be a cop. Worst time in history to be a cop.
February 21, 201610 yr I takes a special person to become a cop. In this day and age it takes extremely special people to continue to be a cop. My dad was a cop for many years - retired now. When I was growing up I once told him I may want to be a cop myself. He basically told me that he would NOT want me to be a cop...he did not mince his words either...that says a lot... I am really glad he gave me that advice many years ago...it is way worse for cops now than it was then...
February 21, 201610 yr A once-in-a-lifetime miracle happened once again for retired NYPD Detective Paul Yurkiw. Twenty-seven years after Yurkiw’s bulletproof vest saved his life, the body armor worn by his police officer son caught a potentially deadly bullet during a Brooklyn gunfight early Saturday. “It’s like I’m going through this all over again,” Paul Yurkiw told the Daily News as his son Andrew recovered at Kings County Hospital. “He’s good. He’s resting comfortably." http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/bulletproof-vests-save-nypd-father-son-27-years-article-1.2538480
February 21, 201610 yr Anyone who says there is not a war on cops just isn't being honest, paying attention or both.
February 21, 201610 yr Anyone who says there is not a war on cops just isn't being honest, paying attention or both. What does that mean? Are you saying there are people who don't like police and want t do them harm? Are you saying this is new? Worse than before? It's a vague term that gets people riled up but without a definition it's just that - a throwaway term.
February 21, 201610 yr Anyone who says there is not a war on cops just isn't being honest, paying attention or both. Can we say that there is a war against minorities as well? Or is this just one-sided?
February 21, 201610 yr What does that mean? Are you saying there are people who don't like police and want t do them harm? Are you saying this is new? Worse than before? It's a vague term that gets people riled up but without a definition it's just that - a throwaway term. That's your opinion Clyde. I say there is a war against police, period. From thugs on the street to politicians.
February 21, 201610 yr Can we say that there is a war against minorities as well? Or is this just one-sided? If you want to discuss that, then I'd say another thread would be warranted. Why is it every time someone mentions that there is a war against LEO, others want to say "Yeah, but.........."?
February 21, 201610 yr That's your opinion Clyde. I say there is a war against police, period. From thugs on the street to politicians. I wasn't stating an opinion. I was stating that without any context the term "war on cops" is meaningless. Do you think it's new? Worse than ever? Give us some context as to why you think there is a "war on cops" today.
February 21, 201610 yr If you want to discuss that, then I'd say another thread would be warranted. Why is it every time someone mentions that there is a war against LEO, others want to say "Yeah, but.........."? Because there isn't a war on LEO any more than there is a war on minorities. Both are just way more visible in Today's world because of the abundance of information outlets that we have.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.