Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School Coaches Banning Players From Twitter

Featured Replies

In another thread it was mentioned that a player took to Twitter to criticize officials and someone mentioned something about kids not tweeting.

 

I had heard that Covington Catholic doesn't allow players to tweet during the season. In doing a quick perusal that looks to be the case.

 

Do other schools have this policy?

 

(By the way, look at Andy Flood's profile picture. Hilarious. Good to see he has a sense of humor and thick skin.)

  • Replies 109
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great idea.

 

May be a good idea for some parents as well!

I get it but I can't say I totally agree. Why just during the season? Are the kids no longer a concern when the season is over?

 

If it is self imposed I can applaud the awareness of their lack of self control and desire to be focused. I don't think Twitter has ever caused a lack of focus but banning the team from Twitter can prevent unfortunate incidents from happening so I get it.

 

I've seen a ton of emotional tweets immediately after games that are unfounded and usually one sided. Tweets can be deleted but I am quick to take a screenshot of a controversial tweet that I know will be deleted.

Coaches need to adjust to the environment they are coaching in...I believe that includes social media. Back in the day, coaches told you to have a curfew on night before game, then just drove to the Dairy Bar to see if you were hanging out...now, it's 24x7 potential.

In another thread it was mentioned that a player took to Twitter to criticize officials and someone mentioned something about kids not tweeting.

 

I had heard that Covington Catholic doesn't allow players to tweet during the season. In doing a quick perusal that looks to be the case.

 

Do other schools have this policy?

 

(By the way, look at Andy Flood's profile picture. Hilarious. Good to see he has a sense of humor and thick skin.)

 

For those of us that have NEVER been on Twitter, can you or someone post said profile picture?

For those of us that have NEVER been on Twitter, can you or someone post said profile picture?

 

In short, it is Ruthsatz bending over and SCREAMING in his face. Funny.

 

Andy is a GREAT kid and funny as heck.

For those of us that have NEVER been on Twitter, can you or someone post said profile picture?

 

Never mind, got a text and PM.....like the kids sense of humor.

I see the good in it but at the end of the day it is just one more government official (CCH operates in the KHSAA which makes them in part a government entity) telling one more subordinate what they can and what they can't do in a Free Country.

 

It is a slippery slope.

Do coaches really have time to monitor social media? I think their time could be more well spent teaching kids fundamentals of the game. Just saying.

  • Author
I see the good in it but at the end of the day it is just one more government official (CCH operates in the KHSAA which makes them in part a government entity) telling one more subordinate what they can and what they can't do in a Free Country.

 

It is a slippery slope.

 

I'd say that's a big much.

 

High school students are always being told by school personnel what they can do and can't do. While I agree there can be a point where it's "too far" this isn't it.

I'd say that's a big much.

 

High school students are always being told by school personnel what they can do and can't do. While I agree there can be a point where it's "too far" this isn't it.

 

Free speech, no biggie, come on Clyde... :rolleyes:

Do coaches really have time to monitor social media? I think their time could be more well spent teaching kids fundamentals of the game. Just saying.

 

Not really that tough....you follow your kids on Twitter or Instagram, they do something stupid....line up and run.

 

"Fundamentals" are relative to the performance of the day

Free speech, no biggie, come on Clyde... :rolleyes:

 

Underage citizens representing an institution voluntarily....you give up some of your "rights" when you put the uni on

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.