39th District Tournament

Who wins the 2016 39th district?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2016 39th district?

Amen Gomer Pyle. When Hinson came to Augusta everyone laughed he said he made the Owens boy at St. Pat, which was not true the Owens boy made Hinson. Then he left Augusta and brags he made Bach who he was, not true again Bach made Hinson. No one would know who Hinson was if it was not for thoes young men and the Augusta and St. Pat. Teams then.These young men and their teams were champions and both young men were hell of a ball players. Sorry Hinson God gave those boys talent not you.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is: That Augusta team in 2014 was like a car. If you take one part out, no matter how small it loses its value. Bach was engine, the role players were other parts. Hinson was the driver. If you take out one of the role players the team doesn't run. If you take out the driver you won't go anywhere.

Not true. Took one part away last year in brent Bach team still wins all a classic. Take another part away after the class a "cam Sapp " out for season still go on runner up in District make region again. This year have three seniors back lose another piece "Hinson " and look at the record and who they beat this year. These players are talented smart and always bring the effort.

Not true. Took one part away last year in brent Bach team still wins all a classic. Take another part away after the class a "cam Sapp " out for season still go on runner up in District make region again. This year have three seniors back lose another piece "Hinson " and look at the record and who they beat this year. These players are talented smart and always bring the effort.
But remember they were playing an awful/disaster of a Bracken County team last year.

If you take out Darius Miller or Chris Lofton is there such a thing as Chris O'Hearn? Do you think they won because of coaching or those Mr Basketballs? Bach and Crawford aren't Mr. Basketball's, they are aren't even the best players in their region according to some.

You saw what happened last year when you have Austin and a bad coach. He has a good coach this year and basically the same team and they are now district contenders. Augusta has been blessed to have really good coaching for 10+ years to bring that program to where it is.

Shows how much you know, Chris Lofton was coached by Kelly Wells.

But those teams were arguably the best teams the 10th Region has ever had so far so it was far more than Miller and Lofton. Setty, Middleton, Grutza, Litzinger, Downing, Jones, and many more made those teams so great. Chris and Darius were the X Factor.

Shows how much you know, Chris Lofton was coached by Kelly Wells.

But those teams were arguably the best teams the 10th Region has ever had so far so it was far more than Miller and Lofton. Setty, Middleton, Grutza, Litzinger, Downing, Jones, and many more made those teams so great. Chris and Darius were the X Factor.

You get the point

No doubt Hinson can coach and knows his x and o's but every great coach needs talent to help them achieve goals. He also knows what buttons to push to motivate players whether it's the superstar of the team or the role players. That what makes a great coach. Knowing how to coach that talent and put them in a role to succeed where ever his coached makes him great.

But remember they were playing an awful/disaster of a Bracken County team last year.

But remember this same Bracken county team beat that Augusta team by 20 points in the panthers den a week before. So that was a heck of a turn around in that short of a period and did it with two kids having any varsity experience.

The thing I have a hard time understanding is Bracken has had one district win this season, and that was a game they barely escaped @ St.Pat, now I could see Bracken or St. Pat win their first game and make regionals.. But Augusta and Mason County have to be the favorites coming in, both teams are playing really good ball and I would love to see another Mason/Augusta matchup before Augusta's extremely talented seniors graduate.

The thing I have a hard time understanding is Bracken has had one district win this season, and that was a game they barely escaped @ St.Pat, now I could see Bracken or St. Pat win their first game and make regionals.. But Augusta and Mason County have to be the favorites coming in, both teams are playing really good ball and I would love to see another Mason/Augusta matchup before Augusta's extremely talented seniors graduate.

I agree with the fact Augusta and Mason are the favorites to win the first round and Mason County is the favorite to win the tournament. I think Augusta's senior leadership won't let them lose to Saint Pat. And a big factor is the health of Jacob Hamilton. Last I heard he was out 6-8 weeks.