Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

39th District Tournament

Who wins the 2016 39th district? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 2016 39th district?

    • Augusta
      23%
    • Bracken County
      27%
    • Mason County
      41%
    • Saint Patrick
      6%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Bracken also has the benefit of playing in their own gym for districts. Yes, I know they already lost to Mason in Brooksville. MUCH more on the line this time.

  • Replies 173
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My final post on this thread: let's get back to the 39th District Tournament prognostications and leave out any critique of Austin Crawford. I don't know the young man well but my assumption is he's a 17 or 18 year old kid trying to be the best player he can be and that's what he needs to do. I can tell you I see him at Mass every Sunday so IMHO, he's looking for guidance in the right place and hopefully he's not privy to this site. Obviously, he's having personal success and again, my assumption is he wants team success to follow. I can tell you from experience that these kids have enough pressure and unreasonable expectations put on them by people trying to live through them in some vicarious way so let's not make this a worse than it already is........and any comparison to current or former players is always unfair (too many variables): I picked Augusta over Mason in the final in a close one......let's disagree or agree on the TEAMS in this tourney guys.....

Does anyone know if Bracken County will be using the shuttle bus for parking issues? I had to ride it the year before. I enjoy the tournament at Bracken, smaller gym, better atmosphere. All the other complaints are all part of the experience :thumb:

 

I would say yes the shuttle service will be in place there is decent parking at the high school but it fills up quick during the district tournament.

I would say yes the shuttle service will be in place there is decent parking at the high school but it fills up quick during the district tournament.

 

BC has a nice new gym, and I mean no disrespect in anyway to there new gym, it just doesn't seem big enough to accommodate the crowd for district tournament, they did and do a awesome job for the class A. I just think Mason is set up to hold the crowd and parking situation. Why do they not host it every year?

BC has a nice new gym, and I mean no disrespect in anyway to there new gym, it just doesn't seem big enough to accommodate the crowd for district tournament, they did and do a awesome job for the class A. I just think Mason is set up to hold the crowd and parking situation. Why do they not host it every year?

 

Voted on by the schools. Bracken gym holds 2000 per Khsaa website. I believe the last time it was held there the Championship game Mason/Augusta 2014 the paid attendance was around 1650. and the average was around 1500 for the entire tournament. Parking can be an issue but actual seating is not.

 

Hope that gives ya the answer you was in search of :thumb:

BC has a nice new gym, and I mean no disrespect in anyway to there new gym, it just doesn't seem big enough to accommodate the crowd for district tournament, they did and do a awesome job for the class A. I just think Mason is set up to hold the crowd and parking situation. Why do they not host it every year?

 

You'll bring the wrath of everyone from Bracken County. :popcorn::sssh:

 

It was intense in 2014...I honestly liked it, but I was there at 4:30 (before the girls finals) when some people told me to get there early. Had a nice seat the entire night.

Voted on by the schools. Bracken gym holds 2000 per Khsaa website. I believe the last time it was held there the Championship game Mason/Augusta 2014 the paid attendance was around 1650. and the average was around 1500 for the entire tournament. Parking can be an issue but actual seating is not.

 

Hope that gives ya the answer you was in search of :thumb:

 

Seating wise is great, I like a packed house, as im sure most of the players do as well, parking just seems to be a problem, I didnt realize the attendance of that championship game was only 1650, felt like 10,000 where there that night, thanks for the info.

I love the Fieldhouse it is one of the true gems in our state. But when the Igloo is filled up with fans on both sides and even standing room only in the end zones, the atmosphere is amazing!! That 2014 Augusta/Mason game was one of the truly memorable games ever in this region and part of it's appeal was the crowd. When that gym is filled up for a big game parking is an absolute issue but if you want to be there you'll find a spot, somewhere! As the Panthers play by play guy, I may struggle to park but as long as we're playing I got a great seat!!

I love the Fieldhouse it is one of the true gems in our state. But when the Igloo is filled up with fans on both sides and even standing room only in the end zones, the atmosphere is amazing!! That 2014 Augusta/Mason game was one of the truly memorable games ever in this region and part of it's appeal was the crowd. When that gym is filled up for a big game parking is an absolute issue but if you want to be there you'll find a spot, somewhere! As the Panthers play by play guy, I may struggle to park but as long as we're playing I got a great seat!!

 

I don't think there was a seat for the Mason County fans that night for the girls game if I recall.:jump:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.