39th District Tournament

Who wins the 2016 39th district?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2016 39th district?

But remember this same Bracken county team beat that Augusta team by 20 points in the panthers den a week before. So that was a heck of a turn around in that short of a period and did it with two kids having any varsity experience.

Goes back to coaching and Hinson not showing his entire hand right before the district tournament. Not to mention the less than stellar staff at BC last season.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I have a hard time understanding is Bracken has had one district win this season, and that was a game they barely escaped @ St.Pat, now I could see Bracken or St. Pat win their first game and make regionals.. But Augusta and Mason County have to be the favorites coming in, both teams are playing really good ball and I would love to see another Mason/Augusta matchup before Augusta's extremely talented seniors graduate.

From what I heard from people who attended that game, St. Pat should have won. But if you seed this year you have Mason/St. Pat, Augusta/Bracken and people would be complaining more about those matchups than they are these. From the boys side that is.

I for one would've wanted to see Bracken/Augusta 1st round just for the story line of Hinson either ending his nephew's career and putting Augusta basketball to rest for some time OR Hinson's old team ends his season.

From what I heard from people who attended that game, St. Pat should have won. But if you seed this year you have Mason/St. Pat, Augusta/Bracken and people would be complaining more about those matchups than they are these. From the boys side that is.

Seeding is the only way to go, the 39th district much like the Augusta gym is behind the times. :no:

I agree with the fact Augusta and Mason are the favorites to win the first round and Mason County is the favorite to win the tournament. I think Augusta's senior leadership won't let them lose to Saint Pat. And a big factor is the health of Jacob Hamilton. Last I heard he was out 6

But if Hinson is the coach some people are making him out to be he should be able to work around not having Hamilton, and they have done a good job without him. But I think hes a good coach that has been privileged with great talent, not to mention that he was a teaching degree away from being on the Mason County sidelines this season.

I totally agre basketball joe. He's a nice player but unstoppable?? Im not so sure about that..the kool-aid out that way in brooksville area must be strong stuff. I've yet to see him take over and win a big game when it matters yet.

Maybe this year is his year. Im just not sold on him as unstoppable

27.8 PPG on 53.5% FG is unstoppable at this level. I have yet watched anyone lock down Crawford. Pig didn't , Ohmer didn't, nobody. As for "taking over" I guess you missed the PC game when he brought them back and scored the go ahead shot while BC was down their 2nd leading scorer.

As for Hinson. He is a great coach that has had benefited from having that one "star" player, but he makes the role players so much better. He's great at adjustments and knows what he is doing. The players do not make the coach. That's hilarious.

good point you bring up about the role players. He doesn't really make the star players better, but the role players yes. The 39th district tournament is filled with outstanding coaching!!

Uh oh Rick, they're gonna jump on you again for that one. :)

It is what is it I'm usually always on someone's :poop: list. I may be a bit harsh at times with my comments and a bit long winded, but there is truth in what I'm saying maybe hidden in a forest of sarcasm but it's there. :thumb:

It is what is it I'm usually always on someone's :poop: list. I may be a bit harsh at times with my comments and a bit long winded, but there is truth in what I'm saying maybe hidden in a forest of sarcasm but it's there. :thumb:

I just shoot it straight wether they like it or not, I've never cared to be on anyone's :poop: list. It is what it is and they're making Hinson to be the next Jesus or something when in reality without his two wins against big ole Mason County he has nothing.

27.8 PPG on 53.5% FG is unstoppable at this level. I have yet watched anyone lock down Crawford. Pig didn't , Ohmer didn't, nobody. As for "taking over" I guess you missed the PC game when he brought them back and scored the go ahead shot while BC was down their 2nd leading scorer.

You guys are so right, he's unstoppable a phenom to the 10th, maybe the state for that matter!!! Maybe they'll put a bronze statue of him out in front of your new justice center,, or maybe he can skip his senior year and head straight for the league!!!! Then again maybe you guys will set your kool-aid cup down and focus on trying to win a district title first, then tell me he takes games over and us unstoppable... His numbers look great and he is a tremendous player!!! But he has to prove the unstoppable part to the rest of us non- Kool-Aid drinkers!

You guys are so right, he's unstoppable a phenom to the 10th, maybe the state for that matter!!! Maybe they'll put a bronze statue of him out in front of your new justice center,, or maybe he can skip his senior year and head straight for the league!!!! Then again maybe you guys will set your kool-aid cup down and focus on trying to win a district title first, then tell me he takes games over and us unstoppable... His numbers look great and he is a tremendous player!!! But he has to prove the unstoppable part to the rest of us non- Kool-Aid drinkers!

I doubt even you will admit that when your bias is very noticeable. I'd love to hear who you believe are some "unstoppable" players. Enlighten us.

Where are you guys from the land of Oz? Making a statement Pig did not stop Crawford? Once again Mason beat Bracken!!!! Do you understand MASON BEAT BRACKEN!!! The points Crawford had did not matter for his team they lost... I just do not think anyone in Bracken Co. understands when you loose Hinson or Crawford is a hero!!!! If you ask me, Hamilton, is a better player and it really hurts the team with out him.