39th District Tournament

Who wins the 2016 39th district?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2016 39th district?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS! Man now that you say it I can see the comparison, along with Bach and the role players. That 97-98 was fun to watch!

The common link here between these two teams is Daniel Fisher. Head coach back in the day now an assistant for Coach Hinson. also was the last coach at Bracken to win a district in 99

The "Best defender in the 10th region" held Austin to ONLY 32. Explain that @RoyalWildcat @Once-a-player

Yeah you're gonna get 32 when you're shooting almost every single possession. If you even attended the game you'd know Williams had at least 5 blocks and several steals while guarding Crawford, but it's not like he was guarding him every single time either, there would be multiple screens to where another MC player switched onto him.

Let me refresh some memories real quick.. When Augusta defeated Mason County in those two years what role players did Bach have to do so? C. Maddox, 1500+ point scorer, C. Snapp 1000+ point scorer, O. Crawford, really close to 1000 I'd say. The teams are completely different. But Mason was a stronger opponent then but the help that was there never was looked at.

I can agree with this statement 100%. They are two totally different players. I try to look back and see where I can compare each to kids I seen over the years and I keep comparing the 2 to another Bracken standout Adam Reed. Neither Bach or Crawford made to an All A state (Crawford still has one more chance), but Reed never got a district championship (Bach has 2 and Crawford has 2 more chances). All three could fill up a stat sheet and score just about whenever they want too. All 3 had good role players around them Bach had Maddox, O. Crawford, Snapp. A. Crawford has Hamilton (when healthy), Engnes, Jones, Lippert, and Reed had Day, Clayton, Tucker, and Wright.

IMO this Bracken team looks a lot like that team they had in 97-98. Maybe this team just a bit better, and it doesn't hurt that the region as a whole is down.

Never really looked at it this way but now that I do think about it this team is a lot like the 98 polar bears. Good comparison Rick.

Yeah you're gonna get 32 when you're shooting almost every single possession. If you even attended the game you'd know Williams had at least 5 blocks and several steals while guarding Crawford, but it's not like he was guarding him every single time either, there would be multiple screens to where another MC player switched onto him.

While shooting 48% from the field? Crawford took 21 out of 53 shots taken by BC in the game. Continue bashing the player, no 10th Region opponent has yet to slow him down yet and I don't see it changing.

Every game Crawford continues to get better and to me that's a bit scary.

While shooting 48% from the field? Crawford took 21 out of 53 shots taken by BC in the game. Continue bashing the player, no 10th Region opponent has yet to slow him down yet and I don't see it changing.

Every game Crawford continues to get better and to me that's a bit scary.

This years Bracken Co team is 13-9 in a year where the 10th Region is very down and the Polar Bears have not played a very difficult schedule and most of the games they have played good teams have been played at the Igloo.

In 2012-2013 Bach's Augusta team lost 11 games the whole season with 21 wins in a year that the 10th was very good. So how do you compare the two?

I agree, that Brooksville kool-aid is just as bad as the Maysville water that you guys were talking about earlier in the year.

The poll results here are really interesting.

Mason has 10 votes with only 3 of them being from MC BGP members.

Bracken has 10 with almost all being BC BGP members.

Augusta with 7 votes and St. Pat with one vote.

Very interesting.

Looks as if its 4 and 4 to me

This years Bracken Co team is 13-9 in a year where the 10th Region is very down and the Polar Bears have not played a very difficult schedule and most of the games they have played good teams have been played at the Igloo

i agree with with this a little. Bracken County doesn't need to playing Robertson, Fleming caliber teams. But you still can't take away they've play Augusta twice, Scott, Brossart, full strength PC without Hamilton, Newport, Mason, Montgomery, Paris etc. the fact that most of these big games were played at home doesn't matter. Because guess what? That's were the district it. The Polar Bears have been battle tested at home.

This years Bracken Co team is 13-9 in a year where the 10th Region is very down and the Polar Bears have not played a very difficult schedule and most of the games they have played good teams have been played at the Igloo.

In 2012-2013 Bach's Augusta team lost 11 games the whole season with 21 wins in a year that the 10th was very good. So how do you compare the two?

I agree, that Brooksville kool-aid is just as bad as the Maysville water that you guys were talking about earlier in the year.

Out of their 22 games to this point 11 of them (50%) have been against quality opponents reguardless of their region affiliation. 6 out of the 10 have been at home. so I don't get the S.O.S argument. The district is on their floor so why not play as many as they can there? They played some weaker teams as well but not very many. The Harrison and Pendleton games looked good on paper when the schedule was created back last spring/summer, but transfers and lower than expected production from the 38th district wasn't expected at that point.

You have to win games to be unstoppable. I do not see any district runner up or championship banners in the past few years hanging in Bracken gym. I have seen banners from district games hanging in Augusta's gym and Masons gym for the past three years and Austin played then. He has played against my Royals and has not won a game. I see you talked about his points playing us but he has never won. As I have said before you can go out and shot and shot and shot and out of many shots make 30 or 40 points but if you do not have a win at the end of the ball game the points do not matter. When players like Bach from Augusta, Owens, Glass, and Anderson from St. Pat, Loften, Miller, Lyons, Played and scored these men won games and yes they were what was considered unstoppable. Austin has played for Bracken Co. Since his Jr. High school years and I have yet seen a district win or runner up fame that has been successfully won.

You have to win games to be unstoppable. I do not see any district runner up or championship banners in the past few years hanging in Bracken gym. I have seen banners from district games hanging in Augusta's gym and Masons gym for the past three years and Austin played then. He has played against my Royals and has not won a game. I see you talked about his points playing us but he has never won. As I have said before you can go out and shot and shot and shot and out of many shots make 30 or 40 points but if you do not have a win at the end of the ball game the points do not matter. When players like Bach from Augusta, Owens, Glass, and Anderson from St. Pat, Loften, Miller, Lyons, Played and scored these men won games and yes they were what was considered unstoppable. Austin has played for Bracken Co. Since his Jr. High school years and I have yet seen a district win or runner up fame that has been successfully won.
Austin was in 7th, 8th, Freshman..... And once again. They did not have a coach!!

Out of their 22 games to this point 11 of them (50%) have been against quality opponents reguardless of their region affiliation. 6 out of the 10 have been at home. so I don't get the S.O.S argument. The district is on their floor so why not play as many as they can there? They played some weaker teams as well but not very many. The Harrison and Pendleton games looked good on paper when the schedule was created back last spring/summer, but transfers and lower than expected production from the 38th district wasn't expected at that point.

My point wasn't as much SOS as it was the fact that they've lost 9 games in a year when basketball is down. Last year's Mason County team would beat this Polar Bear team with Hinson by 20+.

Austin was in 7th, 8th, Freshman..... And once again. They did not have a coach!!

Seems Hinson is BC miracle drug, And maybe the manufacture of that Kool-Aid they been drinking lol. time will tell, they have there "unstoppable player" and "magical coach" so there should be no excuses for them after this district tournament, banners should be hinging soon for them!!!