2016 AAU Rosters

From NKY:

CJ Fredrick of Covcath is playing for Indy Elite 16U.

Adam Kunkel of Cooper will either be with Travelers 16u or Hoop Dreams. I'm sure someone on here can verify which one.

Chris McNeil of Cooper tried out for Hoop Dreams as well. Not sure what his status is.

Sean McNeil of Cooper will be playing for OBC on the Adidas Gauntlet. (Great opportunity for him after playing for their "B" team last summer).

I want to say Brennan Hall of Newcath will be with Lville Magic 16U.

Was told Sean McNeil is out for the spring portion of AAU with the same injury he had late in the season.

Love Brennan Hall. Hope to see him get some college attention this year.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About as dominant a performance as you will see - who played for the Royals and any background on the competition?

Southwest Ohio tournament ... They beat a very solid Omega team (came down to the last two minutes) in the semifinals, then won big in the finals. In pool play they played a very talented Cincy Ducks squad which, in addition to shooting the ball very well, included Bryce Hunt of Purcell Marian. He had six dunks in the game against the Royals, including a couple where his forehead was rim level. I'd never seen the kid before, but his vertical had to be in the 36-40 range. Not really that skilled, but man oh man he had some hops.

Allen's twelve dunks were for the tournament, by the way (5 games). I think the most he had in one game was 5.

Southwest Ohio tournament ... They beat a very solid Omega team (came down to the last two minutes) in the semifinals, then won big in the finals. In pool play they played a very talented Cincy Ducks squad which, in addition to shooting the ball very well, included Bryce Hunt of Purcell Marian. He had six dunks in the game against the Royals, including a couple where his forehead was rim level. I'd never seen the kid before, but his vertical had to be in the 36-40 range. Not really that skilled, but man oh man he had some hops.

Allen's twelve dunks were for the tournament, by the way (5 games). I think the most he had in one game was 5.

Omega could be adding another player here shortly that will help bolster their lineup.

Louisville Spartans roster will finalized Wednesday and I will post the roster early Thursday. We will be playing in the TYBA Circuit and will be affiliated with And1. Here is our tentative schedule.

April 1-3 - Lexington KBA - Clash on the Court

April 8-10 - Cincinnati - Best Buy National Tournament

April 15-17 - Nashville - TYBA

April 22-24 - Louisville - TYBA

May 22-23 - Indianapolis - TYBA

May 27-29 - Chicago - Chicago Classic

July 6-10 - Indianapolis - Adidas Invitational

July 15-17 - TYBA Finals - Atlanta

Louisville Spartans roster will finalized Wednesday and I will post the roster early Thursday. We will be playing in the TYBA Circuit and will be affiliated with And1. Here is our tentative schedule.

April 1-3 - Lexington KBA - Clash on the Court

April 8-10 - Cincinnati - Best Buy National Tournament

April 15-17 - Nashville - TYBA

April 22-24 - Louisville - TYBA

May 22-23 - Indianapolis - TYBA

May 27-29 - Chicago - Chicago Classic

July 6-10 - Indianapolis - Adidas Invitational

July 15-17 - TYBA Finals - Atlanta

What is TYBA? I have seen several teams listed as playing in it and I've never heard of it.

Team Manimal will not be playing AAU state. Bob Gibbons is where they are going according to the schedule.

I would be surprised if any of the shoe circuit teams are at state. At this point, there's too much to lose by playing. If they win state, it's because they're supposed to and if they lose, it's a huge negative for the program across the state and gives smaller programs ammunition to come after the bigger programs.

Those teams would be wise to go to Gibbons where they're up against other high profile teams. A deep run there can get you national rankings and coverage for your team. If you ask a kid if they'd rather have an AAU state title or an article from someone like Evan Daniels, I can almost guarantee you they'll take the national exposure every time.

On a related note, AAU state should be earlier in the AAU season. Most states have it in late March or first weekend in April.