Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Exhibit A on why a lot of us are cautious with refugees

Featured Replies

I just don't think our biggest safety threat is from non-Americans. I think it's from within. What keeps us safe from ourselves?
We definitely can't trust the current administration to keep us safe.. The 2nd is the only thing keeping us safe right now.
  • Replies 121
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm up for closing the borders every where and to everyone even Canadians if it will help keep people in this country safe!

Does this mean that Ted Cruz has to go back to Canada? I hope so.

I just don't think our biggest safety threat is from non-Americans. I think it's from within. What keeps us safe from ourselves?

 

Screen-Shot-2014-12-09-at-12.49.36-PM.png

I just don't think our biggest safety threat is from non-Americans. I think it's from within. What keeps us safe from ourselves?

 

There are plenty of threats from within, but why let more in?

 

I read the article, but what does that have to do with what I said? We're talking about refugees. But being u brought it up, those guns didn't shoot anybody. If someone wants to kill you, a gun is fast and easy. If they can't get a gun I guess they will just let you live! Not! Knife, bomb, car, bare fist, baseball bat, steel pipe, piece of wood, the list goes on forever... You could be killed by any of these if used by the person who wanted to kill you! The stats shows just as many people die each day from drunk driving. So is it the cars fault?

I read the article, but what does that have to do with what I said? We're talking about refugees. But being u brought it up, those guns didn't shoot anybody. If someone wants to kill you, a gun is fast and easy. If they can't get a gun I guess they will just let you live! Not! Knife, bomb, car, bare fist, baseball bat, steel pipe, piece of wood, the list goes on forever... You could be killed by any of these if used by the person who wanted to kill you! The stats shows just as many people die each day from drunk driving. So is it the cars fault?

 

Point was irresponsible Americans' fault. We want to blame others when we are as or more guilty. How can we point at one terrorists when we kill each other 1000 times the rate? Our biggest problem is why are we killing each other and then we can solve the issue of others trying to kill us.

Point was irresponsible Americans' fault. We want to blame others when we are as or more guilty. How can we point at one terrorists when we kill each other 1000 times the rate? Our biggest problem is why are we killing each other and then we can solve the issue of others trying to kill us.

 

I do agree with you on that point. But like I said, why let more problems come in?

Point was irresponsible Americans' fault. We want to blame others when we are as or more guilty. How can we point at one terrorists when we kill each other 1000 times the rate? Our biggest problem is why are we killing each other and then we can solve the issue of others trying to kill us.

 

That's for a different debate and thread. I have no problem letting refugees that have been part of the vetting process, but no more than our government can handle. However, if you think just letting people in Angela Merkel style poses no problem then I suggest you take a little trip to the middle east and where I operated there. I will find it very difficult for you to come to the conclusion that the cultures of the middle east and north africa don't clash with ours. Yes, overall I agree with your premise that americans internally kill more americans.

 

However, this thread is about the refugees. My suggestion would to be considerate to the ones already here. I love that rockmom is helping them via her church if i'm correct. I think we radicalize people within our country and that is a problem we should face. BUT...BUT I absolutely refuse to let our country fall to fear of being called racist or xenophobic. There has to be a line drawn. The refugees need to be told STERNLY that their culture and rules don't trump our own, if not, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY COUNTRY. I don't want to live in a country that is so openminded that we tolerate disgusting behavior and try to silence people in the newspapers or social media like the scandinavian countries and Germany. Sweden is now going to have to kick out 80,000 people within a few years. I don't want to be Sweden.

Point was irresponsible Americans' fault. We want to blame others when we are as or more guilty. How can we point at one terrorists when we kill each other 1000 times the rate? Our biggest problem is why are we killing each other and then we can solve the issue of others trying to kill us.

 

Honestly, you're talking about criminals. Most gun deaths are likely in inner cities. Drugs/gangs.

We have a loose cannon that goes off occasionally, unfortunately. Then we have the president pretending it happens all the time and blames the gun and wants to punish responsible gun owners. This is about politics, not terrorists, not US citizens, not guns. It's politics with this administration, plain and simple.

Honestly' date=' you're talking about criminals. Most gun deaths are likely in inner cities. Drugs/gangs. We have a loose cannon that goes off occasionally, unfortunately. Then we have the president pretending it happens all the time and blames the gun and wants to punish responsible gun owners. This is about politics, not terrorists, not US citizens, not guns. It's politics with this administration, plain and simple.[/quote']

 

You mean like Chi-Raq? Obama has done such a good job in his own back yard.

That's for a different debate and thread. I have no problem letting refugees that have been part of the vetting process, but no more than our government can handle. However, if you think just letting people in Angela Merkel style poses no problem then I suggest you take a little trip to the middle east and where I operated there. I will find it very difficult for you to come to the conclusion that the cultures of the middle east and north africa don't clash with ours. Yes, overall I agree with your premise that americans internally kill more americans.

 

However, this thread is about the refugees. My suggestion would to be considerate to the ones already here. I love that rockmom is helping them via her church if i'm correct. I think we radicalize people within our country and that is a problem we should face. BUT...BUT I absolutely refuse to let our country fall to fear of being called racist or xenophobic. There has to be a line drawn. The refugees need to be told STERNLY that their culture and rules don't trump our own, if not, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY COUNTRY. I don't want to live in a country that is so openminded that we tolerate disgusting behavior and try to silence people in the newspapers or social media like the scandinavian countries and Germany. Sweden is now going to have to kick out 80,000 people within a few years. I don't want to be Sweden.

 

Not really. Accepting it is saying "we can kill each other, but if you MAY kill us, we will shut the door in your time of greatest need."

 

Europe has a crisis. I wonder what many of you guys would have done when women and children washed up on your shore. Told them to go back?

 

Either way, what Europe is dealing with is different than our situation.

 

We do agree that no religious belief supercedes our laws.

 

We do agree

Not really. Accepting it is saying "we can kill each other, but if you MAY kill us, we will shut the door in your time of greatest need."

 

Europe has a crisis. I wonder what many of you guys would have done when women and children washed up on your shore. Told them to go back?

 

Either way, what Europe is dealing with is different than our situation.

 

We do agree that no religious belief supercedes our laws.

 

We do agree

 

Hellcats this is a straw man. One of the goals of the goverment is to protect us. Angela Merkel let in more than just refugees she let in economic migrants from north africa and other countries of the middle east. The majority of the "refugees" are not from Syria. Just ask the women of Germany and Sweden if they enjoy the sexual assaults and lack of response from their government. Also, US citizens > refugees. If our government can properly process 20k, then let them in but no more. Anyone who acts holier than thou and acts like they're the moral authority is full of it. The fact that you can just read what I said and assume i'm letting people down in their time of need is beyond dumb. I already said we should accept the number we can handle. No refugees is more valuable than a citizen of my country. Period.

Jbird,

Europe has a crisis much like a natural disaster that is near impossible to stop.

 

No one wants to sacrifice the safety of American citizens, but to state that allowing vetted refugees in our country is putting our lives in danger is a fallacy.

 

Could it happen, of course, but it's worth the risk to save the lives of human beings.

 

As I stated earlier we have a much higher chance of being killed by our own countrymen.

Jbird,

Europe has a crisis much like a natural disaster that is near impossible to stop.

 

No one wants to sacrifice the safety of American citizens, but to state that allowing vetted refugees in our country is putting our lives in danger is a fallacy.

 

Could it happen, of course, but it's worth the risk to save the lives of human beings.

 

As I stated earlier we have a much higher chance of being killed by our own countrymen.

 

You're putting words in my mouth. I said ALLOW, I REPEAT ALLOW the refugees that are vetted in. DON'T allow more than we can properly process. When you don't properly process the immigrants, you get what's happening in Europe, people who are not from Syria. And no, women being sexually assaulted from people who face no repercussions is not worth saving human lives. Sweden now has to kick out 80,000. That should never be the case with the US. Also, I'd rather deal with my own countrymen than people who don't respect my country's way of life.Also, it's not impossible to stop, the government of Germany or Angela Merkel is pathetic. You simply start kicking people out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.