Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Honeymoon Destinations

Featured Replies

Getting ready to book Honeymoon for this coming October. Need suggestions on places to go that won't break the bank. I believe we're looking at spending $3-4K total, definitely want all-inclusive. I'm not a big traveler, so I've never been out of the country. We're thinking some place in the Caribbean.

 

Suggestions?

I definitely can appreciate this thread and I'm in a similar boat BBJ, but mine will be in Nov. Hoping some BGP members have some good recommendations.

 

Thanks for posting the topic.

I used a travel agency in Florence, KY. Marco Polo is the name I believe. It might been closer to 5K. I honestly can't remember, but we went to the Bahamas. Stayed at Couples Tower Isle. All-inclusive and lots of good food and excursions if you want to do any of that. Also a nude island if that's your cup of tea. :walk: It was a great experience all around. Only bad thing was a 90 minute bus ride from the airport and they drive like maniacs.

Mexico is really nice. Riveria Maya is where I went. Definitely do the all-inclusive, its awesome.

Can probably get a package at Atlantis for that kind of money.

We went to the Bahamas when we got married, then several years later we were wanting to go back. I was at a travel agents office finalizing plans and was looking at a poster on the wall of Hawaii and commented "I wish we were going there". Travel agent asked "which Island do you want to stay on?" 15 minutes later we were booked to the Turtle Bay Hilton on the Northshore of Ohau for less than $200 difference.

 

Shop around, for $4k you had a lot of options for two people.

Here is a quick find...Sandals La Toc St Lucia

Beware of the possible impact of hurricane season in the Caribbean at that time of year. if you book something in the Caribbean, make sure you have insurance on your trip.

Whatever you do, do not purchase a groupon travel deal through vacations express. That combination is a total failure.

Sandals is the way to go IMO. We did St. Lucia, and it was outstanding, although they have resorts in Jamaica, Bahamas, and other islands down there as well. If I remember correctly it was right around that price range too.

I'm leaving for the Dominican Republic this coming Saturday, for the price range you have you can book some very nice all inclusive places.

Me and the wife went to Chicago for our honeymoon. We loved it. We could drive a short six hours. Spend extra money on top notch hotel, theatre, and restaurants. Easy travel and easy planning. Loads of fun.

Sandals is the way to go IMO. We did St. Lucia, and it was outstanding, although they have resorts in Jamaica, Bahamas, and other islands down there as well. If I remember correctly it was right around that price range too.

 

St. Lucia is one that we are definitely looking at. Maybe Jamaica too.

 

I've love to hear what you thought about your experience at St. Lucia and maybe which resort it was if you want to shoot me a PM.

I used a travel agency in Florence, KY. Marco Polo is the name I believe. It might been closer to 5K. I honestly can't remember, but we went to the Bahamas. Stayed at Couples Tower Isle. All-inclusive and lots of good food and excursions if you want to do any of that. Also a nude island if that's your cup of tea. :walk: It was a great experience all around. Only bad thing was a 90 minute bus ride from the airport and they drive like maniacs.

 

We went to Jamaica not the Bahamas. Durrr...

For a week in that price range, the Maya Riviera is nice. You could do a day at XCARET or Xelha. Xelha is like an interactive aquarium, really cool and cheaper than XCARET

I've booked through Discount Cruises, Last Minute Cruises, Cruise, Cruise Line, Cruise Vacation several times.

 

You can do it on line or call and talk to a rep. That time of year, you can stay at a 4-5 star all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana for $2200 - $3000 including airfare. That's total, not per person.

 

Make sure you pay attention to the number of bars and restaurants and the hours of operation at the destination hotel. It varies significantly.

 

Some have bars and clubs that stay open through the night. Some basically shut down at midnight. It's all a matter of what you're looking for.

We also did Sandals in St. Lucia. We did the Grand as the other 2 on the island had to come to the Grand's beach. Loved it, and want to go back.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.