Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle Basketball- Leading Candidates

Featured Replies

 

As for Henley, he will not leave this year either. Even if the drive is closer to Ryle than to Holmes, he is guarenteed talent almost every season at Holmes. Not to mention I've heard that he, like Marvin Lewis, enjoys working with kids that need help. He feels he can make a difference. He enjoys helping kids that have problems and kids that need basketball or a basketball coach or a friend in life. I'm sure he feels he can not only coach these kids at holmes, but also teach them how to be good people. I have the tremendous respect for Coach Henley or how he handles that program and himself.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

  • Replies 72
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Trame have some of the same problems that Niemi had in his program?

I'm not sure which problems (Nate has had a few :D ) you are referring to, but in general, Terry and Nate are very different. Terry was a big part of that Regional Championship Team; he was in charge of the defense, and if you were at the game, you'll remember it was that defense (specifically on Bain) that made the difference.

if you were at the game, you'll remember it was that defense (specifically on Bain) that made the difference.

I'd vote for JD taking the rock and passing over the press, but what do I know... :sssh:

Just a few thoughts on who I think might take the job:

Brad Carr-Scott

Kevin Listerman-CCH

Terry Trame-Long time assistant of Niemi, might help or hurt his chances

Jeff Trame-Former Scott coach looking to get back into it. Terry would then follow in a few years

Mullins-Ryle freshman coach

Bennet-Walton

Grant Co. coach

Garnett-Conner Asst

Budman??????

 

I am 99% sure that Faust will not be leaving St. Henry to take this job. I'm sure he has been contacted about it but he will be at st. henry next season.

 

As for Henley, he will not leave this year either. Even if the drive is closer to Ryle than to Holmes, he is guarenteed talent almost every season at Holmes. Not to mention I've heard that he, like Marvin Lewis, enjoys working with kids that need help. He feels he can make a difference. He enjoys helping kids that have problems and kids that need basketball or a basketball coach or a friend in life. I'm sure he feels he can not only coach these kids at holmes, but also teach them how to be good people. I have the tremendous respect for Coach Henley or how he handles that program and himself.

 

And finally I would love to know if Buddy Biggs would have been interested if the job at Ryle if he hadn't already left for ashland. His family is from NKY and that would have been a job where he would have talent for years to come. Just a thought?

IF Terri wants the job no way Jeff applies. Also the only job I see Carr leaving Scott for is the Holmes job.

 

Your final point is very intersting. If they would have made this decision earlier I'm sure he would have been intrigued.

All the rumor-mongering regarding Henley is completely ridiculous.

 

He was never close to leaving Holmes this year, even after the season ended.

 

Frankly, many are over estimating the Ryle job.

People talk about the talent they have/had.

I think Niemi got a bad rap out there.

They played in a tough tough district for the most part, and all of this talent I hear about, I really didn't see.

Doellman was very good and they won the region.

Feagan was a nice player.

They went to the region final a few years before they went to state.

 

Other than Robbie Lykes last year, who was a little better than average, just where is this talent that we hear about so much on here?

 

They play hard, offensively have a nice system, but in general most of their players are average players in the 9th Region.

Its not the talent they have in the high school but the possible talent they have in the feeder systems in a coach gets in their and runs everything right. The school system is large and they have the right economic base to get very talented kids to come through if the system is structured right.

I'd vote for JD taking the rock and passing over the press, but what do I know... :sssh:

 

 

Not as much as you think you know, but still more than hs.:D :banana:

 

Doellman's ability to see over the press and handle the ball were big factors in the region game. Ironically, the team's inability to handle a press was its downfall a few days later in the first round of the state tournament. :confused:

Not as much as you think you know

It's my dream to one day know as much as I think I do... :lol:

 

Ironically, the team's inability to handle a press was its downfall a few days later in the first round of the state tournament. :confused:

 

DeWalt... ;)

It's my dream to one day know as much as I think I do... :lol:

 

 

 

DeWalt... ;)

 

 

Gotta second that thought. :thumb: Maybe one of us will get there someday, my guess is it will be you. I'm way too arogant. :D

 

 

 

DeWalt... ;)

 

 

Great athlete, and played a nice game. But he was a much bigger factor the following season. Ryle beat the WC press, but then pulled the ball back to half court. It led to some missed chances to score.

Ryle beat the WC press, but then pulled the ball back to half court. It led to some missed chances to score.

Stop helping hssb. Come on man... :D

Stop helping hssb. Come on man... :D

 

My bad.:thumb:

 

Ryle had a great run that post season. Warren Central was a tough first round team at the big show. But, you know this, never give up on a 2 on 1 break, it's the biggest advantage in basketball.

I had heard that Chevalier of Dixie had originally expressed an interest in the job but withdrew his name in the last 2 or 3 days..

I had heard that Chevalier of Dixie had originally expressed an interest in the job but withdrew his name in the last 2 or 3 days..

Interesting.

I had heard that Chevalier of Dixie had originally expressed an interest in the job but withdrew his name in the last 2 or 3 days..

 

Chevalier is looking at a pretty good run at Dixie in the next couple of years. Ryle would still seem to be a great opportunity but not better than what Dixie will be for the next few years.

 

Does the fact that no one is hearing anything increase the liklihood that they stay in house? Is that good for Terry Trame & Alan Mullins?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.