Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Philadelphia Eagles announce they have fired Head Coach Chip Kelly.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee makes absolute sense. From the Titans' standpoint, the worst thing that could happen is in 2 years they figure out he's not NFL-caliber, even with his ideal QB. They cut him loose and it's not like they're likely to lose any ground. They've been going nowhere for some time.

There are probably 20 D-I universities who would fire their coach today to get Kelly if they could. Heck' date=' it might be 50...[/quote']

 

He strongly dislikes recruiting but is a football nut, he won't be out of the game for long.

So, who goes to Philadelphia?

 

Historically tough division and a rabid fanbase. Think they will look for someone with a track record? I don't think they'll go the "up and comer" route. Is there anyone out there?

So, who goes to Philadelphia?

 

Historically tough division and a rabid fanbase. Think they will look for someone with a track record? I don't think they'll go the "up and comer" route. Is there anyone out there?

The answer to this question is much harder than where Chip Kelly goes.

I always thought Chip and the U would be a great pairing.

So, who goes to Philadelphia?

 

Historically tough division and a rabid fanbase. Think they will look for someone with a track record? I don't think they'll go the "up and comer" route. Is there anyone out there?

 

I think they will go after Sean Peyton if he's cut loose.

Philly has no QB and probably won't et one next year either. It will be difficult for a big name to go there with that situation.

Philly has no QB and probably won't et one next year either. It will be difficult for a big name to go there with that situation.

 

Phillip Rivers is a free agent. Or just get back in pro-style offense with the pro style players that are on that team.

So, who goes to Philadelphia?

 

Historically tough division and a rabid fanbase. Think they will look for someone with a track record? I don't think they'll go the "up and comer" route. Is there anyone out there?

 

Josh McDaniels and Hue Jackson are two names I would think would be considered. Maybe Sean Payton if he's let go.

Phillip Rivers is a free agent. Or just get back in pro-style offense with the pro style players that are on that team.

 

You're right that Bradford and Murray never made sense for Kelly's style of offense. Mathews is a solid receiver and Agholor has talent, not to mention Sproles has versatility in the passing game. I don't know what the contract situations look like, but it's not a hopeless situation for someone to walk into.

I don't think he's cut out for the NFL. He's heading back to the amateur game.

I can't see how the Philly job attracts anybody with head-coaching experience, unless they're some supremely confident clown like Rex. Philly needs to make a good pick with an ex-college coach or a current NFL coordinator. Probably the latter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.