Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

World Population

Featured Replies

  • Replies 64
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This entire topic is silly. The population in this world is not even near a problem. This is a topic for that has been exaggerated for years. Scientists for profit have promoted it for year though.

What segments can we part ways with?

 

- "Bros" at the gym

- People that talk on their bluetooth or speakerphone in public

- People that wear pajamas out in society

- Folks that are suddenly history buffs to justify displaying the Confederate Flag

 

That is easily 20,000,000 people. I am doing my part to come up with sustainable solutions.

 

Can we add people that don't return their shopping cart to the proper place? Those probably annoy me more than any other group on a daily basis.

 

Oh...and those that don't add an "s" to words that end in "-st" to make them plural!!!!!

 

I believe we are on to a solution, bugs.

 

And how about people who add an "s" to words where it doesn't belong?

 

Confession, I don't return my shopping cart when I shop at Walmarts or KMarts.

 

Dang it! I'm out on two counts. :eek:

 

Then you (True blue) quoted only the part about me not returning shopping carts and asked...

 

Why?

 

I think you missed my attempt at humor. My confession is tongue-in-cheek. I don't really fail to return shopping carts and I don't pronounce Walmart and Kmart with an "s" on the end. There is a progression in the list between what you said and I said. I also like self-deprecating humor so I used it to tie the progression together. The "confession" is the punch line. I violate my own pet peeve and am guilty on two counts.

 

Oh well, I write mainly for my own amusement any way...

  • Author

I wish I could be a self-centered person who can't see past the end of my nose. It must be nice to just know somebody will fix everything.

 

I guess I must be mistaken about those in India, Africa, Mexico, China....who live hungry and in poverty.

I wish I could be a self-centered person who can't see past the end of my nose. It must be nice to just know somebody will fix everything.

 

I guess I must be mistaken about those in India, Africa, Mexico, China....who live hungry and in poverty.

 

They're ferners. Who cares?

I wish I could be a self-centered person who can't see past the end of my nose. It must be nice to just know somebody will fix everything.

 

I guess I must be mistaken about those in India, Africa, Mexico, China....who live hungry and in poverty.

 

It has to do with their governments and poor leadership. Not lack of ability to produce.

 

Non issue as long as technology continues to improve as it always has.

I guess I must be mistaken about those in India, Africa, Mexico, China....who live hungry and in poverty.

China and India are both in the top 10 as far as GDP goes...how do we go about forcing them to feed their hungry.

Mexico is top 15 in GDP, if the people of Mexico are hungry it's because their country is mismanaging their resources...how does the US fix that?

 

As far as Africa goes...

In 2012, the United States provided nearly $12 billion in official development assistance (“ODA”) to African nations. The ODA is allocated to education, health, infrastructure and economic development programs in recipient countries. Currently, the United States allocates foreign aid to 47 African nations and USAID operates 27 missions on the continent.

 

US Foreign aid to Africa began in the 1960s as many African nations gained independence and the United States sought strategic alliances to counter the influence of the Soviet Union. With the exception of disaster and famine relief, most foreign aid to Africa began to decrease with the collapse of the Soviet Union.

 

In the 2000s, President Bush more than tripled aid to Africa by establishing programs such as the Child Survival and Health Programs Fund as well as the Global HIV/AIDS Initiative.

 

I'm not saying to turn our back on anyone, but it seems at least the countries and continent that you mentioned "Should" be able to do most of this on their own.

  • Author
China and India are both in the top 10 as far as GDP goes...how do we go about forcing them to feed their hungry.

Mexico is top 15 in GDP, if the people of Mexico are hungry it's because their country is mismanaging their resources...how does the US fix that?

 

As far as Africa goes...

 

 

I'm not saying to turn our back on anyone, but it seems at least the countries and continent that you mentioned "Should" be able to do most of this on their own.

 

I agree with you...the US can't fix this alone...Somalia is a good example, even with UN "help", that this doesn't work well. But it is a result of countries that grow at enormous rates (most unplanned pregnancies) without infrastructure or education to deal with it. At some point this WILL bleed over to the US (why are there already so many illegals?) and it hits us squarely between the eyes. In many of these countries (not China) these masses are poor and uneducated and easily swayed or dominated by less than desirable regimes (ne. Somalia).

  • Author
They're ferners. Who cares?

 

 

:) True. Except for 15 million or so who decided that there was more grass (figuratively speaking), and it was greener here.

  • Author
It has to do with their governments and poor leadership. Not lack of ability to produce.

 

Non issue as long as technology continues to improve as it always has.

 

So what do we do about space? Nothing?... wait until after the fact to plan infrastructure, resources like we usually do?

 

You made the statement earlier that you hope no one loses any freedom in a recommended solution. The biggest risk to freedoms, including our own, is continued exponential growth in the population.

So what do we do about space? Nothing?... wait until after the fact to plan infrastructure, resources like we usually do?

 

You made the statement earlier that you hope no one loses any freedom in a recommended solution. The biggest risk to freedoms, including our own, is continued exponential growth in the population.

 

There isn't a lack of space for the forseeable future ?

There isn't a lack of space for the forseeable future ?

 

Somebody suggested earlier that we could fit all the world's population comfortably into Texas. That ignores the fact that Texas is largely uninhabitable, and barely has enough water for itself now as it is.

Somebody suggested earlier that we could fit all the world's population comfortably into Texas. That ignores the fact that Texas is largely uninhabitable, and barely has enough water for itself now as it is.

 

The point was that that could fit into that many square miles and Texas would give people something they can see/compare in their-minds-eye. He literally did not mean Texas. Then again, maybe you are just trying to jerk people around.

  • Author

So, it is ok if humans occupy every square meter of the planet? Doesn't anyone else think God gave us a brain with the thought that we would use it more wisely? Rather than stewards of the planet our current path leads towards infestation at the expense of all except what certain people think is worth keeping. I think mankind's arrogance (and its god complex) will be its own undoing. Glad I most likely won't be around for it, but I would certainly like to leave a better legacy.

So, it is ok if humans occupy every square meter of the planet? Doesn't anyone else think God gave us a brain with the thought that we would use it more wisely? Rather than stewards of the planet our current path leads towards infestation at the expense of all except what certain people think is worth keeping. I think mankind's arrogance (and its god complex) will be its own undoing. Glad I most likely won't be around for it, but I would certainly like to leave a better legacy.

 

Makes me feel like I'm a parasite.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.