Austin Crawford

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched him with TBC elite this summer, he was their 3rd or 4th best player, led them in scoring because he led them in shots. Kid can play for sure, As far as Elite (D1) level , i dont see it. Very good player though.

You must not have watched many games. Crawford was as pass first as could get at the AAU level. He is for sure a D1 prospect as many coaches at that level have told him so.

I have not seen him, but obviously is a great high school player in the State of KY. As far as college potential, the colleges generally find kids who can help them win at the level they coach. With that said many kids do not always go to the highest level they can compete which should be a personal choice. Next year when its time to sign we will find out just how high of college level ball he is capable of playing unless he chooses a school for other reasons. But in high school we can say for sure he is an excellent player if he is approaching 3000 points.

Austin Crawford reminds me of Corey Pelle, the really good player from Silver Grove in the mid 00's. He played at West Liberty, was an All-American and helped lead them to the NCAA D2 Final Four. I think he went over to Europe to play for a bit.

I don't know if Crawford will have that success, I don't know if Crawford will go to college. Maybe the kid wants to join the military or wants to start working right out of high school. I think he's capable of playing college ball at the D3, NAIA level.

At the risk of catching the ire of all of northern Kentucky, I'll say this. He's very talented, and can definitely fill it up. I'm always Leary of putting a kid in the "elite" class when they play the type of schedule that Bracken has played though.

Does this mean Bracken has played a weak schedule?