Randy Parker

Louisville at Kentucky  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Louisville at Kentucky

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of those games, why on EARTH would Pitino schedule a back-to-back that ends three days before the Kentucky game? I swear, some years I think he's TRYING to lose this one.

It also wouldn't be UofL/UK week without an injury to a Louisville player that plays significant minutes. While nothing will ever top starting power forward Rakeem Buckles going down for the season just hours before tipoff, the Mathiang injury is unpleasant.

I don't like picking this game. I feel like the game is there to be won by Louisville. Kentucky's front court is as vulnerable as they've ever been under Calipari. Louisville could have the advantage in the paint. It should be fun watching Louisville's fifth-year backcourt battle against Kentucky's youth in the same spot.

I'll make a call later in the week when I have a better handle on it. I've only managed to watch about three total halves of UK basketball this season.

What happened to Mathiang? I heard he got hurt, but that was it.

I can see the game going either way as well. UK has played like crap all season, with the exception of Duke & the Arizona State 2nd half. I only saw UL play one game and that was Michigan State and I was impressed.

It's at Rupp, which could favor UK. And Cal has had Rick's number since he came to UK. But I'm with you on the game being there for UL to take.

One thing I do know is that BGP has accurately predicted every UK/UL game since Cal came to Lexington.

Winning a Rupp is just to good to be true. Louisville is the better team but it never fails someone from UK who we don't expect will play out of his mind. After watching Rob Lock beat us one year I take nothing for granted. Also Onuaku just picked up his second personal foul and will sit out the entire first half.

If UK plays like they did against Ohio State, they will get run out of the gym.

I don't see them playing that bad again, though. Murray is UK's best player, so that's who Pitino will focus on defensively. Someone else will have to beat Louisville. Nobody else even worries me on this UK team. Ulis is good, but he's not going to win a game by himself. UK's bigs are as soft as doctors cotton. Poythress needs to have a big game, and could.

I predict foul trouble for Louisville, that's usually how it goes in this game. Onuaku will pick up a couple cheapies, and I'd say they'll find a way to call one or two on Lee and Lewis, who never foul.

Mathiang being out hurts a little, but not as much as some want to make it seem. He's good for a few rebounds and five fouls, but that's about it.

If Louisville can stay out of foul trouble, I think they are the better team right now and come away with a win. I don't think UK has anybody that can guard Damion Lee for 40 minutes. If he has a big game, that's bad news for the Cats.

I think I am still hungover from last year's 40-almost campaign. I am still numb to this season and with this game being situated the day after Christmas it doesn't even feel like UK/UL week.

Only game I watched UL was against Michigan State. It would not shock me to see the Cards beat UK in a season where we thought it wouldn't happen at the start of it. It also wouldn't shock me to see UK control the game like they did against Duke. That may be more about Duke than UK however.

I've told myself I am going to make predictions this season...

This game is usually horrendous to watch. Both teams disrupt flows and the action becomes too herky jerky. I say a player from both squads we are not expecting will have an "above their head" type games. With the crowd in play, I think Briscoe goes for 20+.

In a slug fest, I am going UK 68, UL 64.