Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 60 Highlands 51

Featured Replies

Clyde: Interesting perspective from an "unbiased" observer.

 

My personal opinion was that if Dr. Naismith would have witnessed this one he never would have invented the game.

 

What's the point???? Beat the tar out of each other???? Was that a game plan???? Get to the double-bonus as quickly as possible??? Shoot 53 Free Throws??? Is that going to be a trend for the Birds???

 

Rugby - Football played with no helmets.

 

Wouldn't it have been much more enjoyable if we would have played a basketball game????????

 

If every game we played were like this one, I would find better things to do with my time.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Posey was wild tonight with at least 5 turnovers in the game and was inconsistent with his 3 pointer

 

You heard wrong. Posey is a nice player who led the Birds with 16 points.

Personally, I thought he played a nice game.

I don't think it cost the Birds the game, but the officiating was suspect at best. Poor for both teams. Must have been their first game too.

 

Just who do you feel was the aggressor in this one???

 

We are five games deep into our schedule which includes St. Henry, Newport, Holmes, and Bracken County. Until tonight's melee each were well contested basketball games. What changed for us???

 

The officials were put in an impossible situation.

Bad basketball.

I think Posey has a lot of potential...He has a very good handle, can shoot and get after it on D.. His only downfall is his size imo.. Crawford has come a long ways from just a few years ago.. By far the best player on Brossart's team..

Clyde: Interesting perspective from an "unbiased" observer.

 

My personal opinion was that if Dr. Naismith would have witnessed this one he never would have invented the game.

 

What's the point???? Beat the tar out of each other???? Was that a game plan???? Get to the double-bonus as quickly as possible??? Shoot 53 Free Throws??? Is that going to be a trend for the Birds???

 

Rugby - Football played with no helmets.

 

Wouldn't it have been much more enjoyable if we would have played a basketball game????????

 

If every game we played were like this one, I would find better things to do with my time.

 

So all the years Brossart has played that Mike Code aggressive style hands all over you defense you were good with it? But when the Birds apply similar aggression last night you ridicule it and call it various names? Come on Mustang! I love a good mix of finesse/strength but you can't act like Brossart hasnt played that style in the past.

So all the years Brossart has played that Mike Code aggressive style hands all over you defense you were good with it? But when the Birds apply similar aggression last night you ridicule it and call it various names? Come on Mustang! I love a good mix of finesse/strength but you can't act like Brossart hasnt played that style in the past.

 

Sounds like someone is upset that his team turned into Bullybirds and still couldn't get the W.

Sounds like someone is upset that his team turned into Bullybirds and still couldn't get the W.

 

It sounds like a legit point! Nothing easy when your on defense. Both teams played that way. I'm glad to see the Birds play hard nosed.

Sounds like someone is upset that his team turned into Bullybirds and still couldn't get the W.

 

It's not my team first of all. I dont live vicariously through HS sports teams like many on here do. However, I think its funny that someone like Mustang would be upset at the Birds being physical especially when the Mustangs have had numerous years where they struggled in half court sets to score and mauled you on the defensive end.

 

My post above states that the loss was to be expected. Having a 2 month headstart to get your basketball legs ready and muscle memory acclimated is an advantage wether you want to admit it or not. Expect this style though, it's to be expected when you have 9 Football players getting the majority of the minutes.

He's an Angry Bird too!

 

Says the overheated soft camel.

Says the overheated soft camel.

 

ha ha. Just wait until we get our other hump back.

Not really sure what all of the hub bub is about. Did Brossart not commit any fouls in the game? I would like a description of what exactly was so "rough" that Highlands did? How many of the fouls were incurred in the 4th quarter when Highlands was trying to claw their way back into the game by pressing full court the entire quarter? No mention of the "T"'s in the game. Did any Highlands players get them?

 

Were there "hard" fouls around the basket, yes there were, but I was always taught that if you are going to foul a guy in the act of shooting, then he is not going to get the ball in the basket.

 

Overall, not a bad showing for a team that has only been able to practice. Hopefully they get better with each and every game and can be competitive throughout the year. Felt there were times last night where some guys forced the issue too much rather than letting the game come to them. I have said all along that this team will play hard, not quit and that their defense is going to have to create them opportunities to score the ball, especially early.

Wild? Maybe the game was with fouls an free throws.

My mistake , I meant Kendall on the birds , not Posey

Not really sure what all of the hub bub is about. Did Brossart not commit any fouls in the game? I would like a description of what exactly was so "rough" that Highlands did? How many of the fouls were incurred in the 4th quarter when Highlands was trying to claw their way back into the game by pressing full court the entire quarter? No mention of the "T"'s in the game. Did any Highlands players get them? Were there "hard" fouls around the basket' date=' yes there were, but I was always taught that if you are going to foul a guy in the act of shooting, then he is not going to get the ball in the basket. Overall, not a bad showing for a team that has only been able to practice. Hopefully they get better with each and every game and can be competitive throughout the year. Felt there were times last night where some guys forced the issue too much rather than letting the game come to them. I have said all along that this team will play hard, not quit and that their defense is going to have to create them opportunities to score the ball, especially early.[/quote']

 

My memory tells me both teams were in the double bonus.

 

I mentioned Crawford's T.

I'm really bummed now that I missed this one. I will say of the games I've seen in the 9th versus the 10th, the games reffed by 9th region officials have been more physical. Normally it is just the opposite.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.