Stoops likely to make staff changes

All State Baseball

Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops is in the process of evaluating his team's 2015 season, and as part of that evaluation he is still considering making changes to his staff.

In an interview with the Louisville Courier-Journal and the Lexington Herald-Leader, Stoops said he wouldn't be surprised if some change is made - either in personnel or responsibility.

“Would I anticipate some change in this program, little or big? Of course," he said. "There’s change every year in most programs. I think it’s fair to say you have to evaluate everything, and, yes, we’re in the middle of looking into all that."

Kentucky started the season 4-1, with the lone loss a 14-9 setback against Florida. It appeared as though the Wildcats were in position to make a bowl game, but UK stumbled to a 1-6 record down the stretch.

“Our margin for error is still not very big and when we have opportunities we’ve got to make the most of them,” Stoops told the papers. “It’s like you understand the frustration from fans, because I’m frustrated as well. Again, you take away several plays…but we’ve got to start making those plays.

"Nobody is more P***** off off when you see bad football on the field than me,” he said. “I know very clearly what good football looks like. I’ve seen it up close and personal for a long time. We’re going to get that done here.”

KY needs to get rid of Stoops and hire Spurrier and I'm serious.

Kentucky recently has had very little success with up and coming coaches (Phillips, Stoops) and some with a cheater (Mumme). In recent years their greatest successes have been with older coaches close to going out to pasture (Claiborne, Brooks). They need and old fart there.

KY needs to get rid of Stoops and hire Spurrier and I'm serious.

Kentucky recently has had very little success with up and coming coaches (Phillips, Stoops) and some with a cheater (Mumme). In recent years their greatest successes have been with older coaches close to going out to pasture (Claiborne, Brooks). They need and old fart there.

No what they need to do is what UC has done, and that is get coaches who have been successful as head coaches already. UC was able to get Brian Kelly when they were up and coming but had success as a head coach at a small school. Then now Tuberville now. UK keeps getting guys with no head coaching experience. I would love for them to try to get a young up and coming head coach who has had success at a smaller school. Yes UK would be a stepping stone for that coach most likely, but that is fine with me.

No what they need to do is what UC has done, and that is get coaches who have been successful as head coaches already. UC was able to get Brian Kelly when they were up and coming but had success as a head coach at a small school. Then now Tuberville now. UK keeps getting guys with no head coaching experience. I would love for them to try to get a young up and coming head coach who has had success at a smaller school. Yes UK would be a stepping stone for that coach most likely, but that is fine with me.

I cant disagree with your point, the only fear would be that UK would find an up and comer like Illinois did with Beckman....that didn't work out very well.

UC's track record with Kelly and Jones speaks for itself.

It is far easier to win at UC than it is at Kentucky. Look no further than the conference and the schedule both schools play. That is why UC is a stepping stone and UK is a grave yard.

It is far easier to win at UC than it is at Kentucky. Look no further than the conference and the schedule both schools play. That is why UC is a stepping stone and UK is a grave yard.

Also a lot easier to win with good coaching. Brian Kelly is now at Notre Dame and Butch Jones at Tennessee. Kelly has already turned Notre Dame to the better and Jones is in the process of it. Uc would beat UK the majority of years and that has nothing to do with UK being in the Sec. They just simply have been better with better coaching.

Also a lot easier to win with good coaching. Brian Kelly is now at Notre Dame and Butch Jones at Tennessee. Kelly has already turned Notre Dame to the better and Jones is in the process of it. Uc would beat UK the majority of years and that has nothing to do with UK being in the Sec. They just simply have been better with better coaching.

I understand your point. My point is Butch Jones and Brian Kelly do not take the job at UK. They took the job at UC because it is easier to win there. UC, Houston, Arkansas State (Recently), Western Michigan, Bowling Green, etc. Those are the jobs up and coming coaches take because it is easier to win at those places than it is to win at UK.

Let's stop pretending that the SEC East is some juggernaut of a division... It is not what it once was. UK could compete if they had the right pieces in place. Both on the field and on the sidelines wearing the head sets.

Eventually playing in the SEC has to stop being an excuse. (I feel like that has been said 100 times on here.)