Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Petrino at U of L for next 10 Years, 25.5 Million Dollars

Featured Replies

  • Replies 112
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move.

 

Is LABS available for comment? :D

Shocking move, IMO....and can I say, for the record, I now think that Jeff Brohm will be U of L's next head football coach.

There is no denying that this is a HUGE deal and a clear sign that UL is serious about being a long-term player at the top of the College Football Food Chain.

 

I can't help, as a huge UK Football supporter, but be a little envious this morning.

 

Great for UL.

Shocking move, IMO....and can I say, for the record, I now think that Jeff Brohm will be U of L's next head football coach.

When? In 10 years?

Good move.

 

Is LABS available for comment? :D

 

I'm certain that comments from the entire UK corps will be forthcoming. Right now, they're trying to compose themselves. :D

There is no denying that this is a HUGE deal and a clear sign that UL is serious about being a long-term player at the top of the College Football Food Chain.

 

I can't help, as a huge UK Football supporter, be a little envious this morning.

 

Great for UL.

 

Does anyone remember the exact John L. Smith quote, made when he was leaving the program? I remember the gist, but not the whole thing.

When? In 10 years?

By then, I believe that Paul will be a head coach somewhere, leaving Jeff as OC and next in line.....Imagine a Brohm as hed coach at U of L and then his son will be at Trinity right along the same timelines.

Petrino said this contract sends a message.

 

“For me and for my family, Louisville is home,” Petrino said. “… I would like to extend my appreciation to Dr. James Ramsey, and Tom Jurich for their commitment to the University of Louisville, the Cardinal football program and to me and my family. The past three seasons have been a tremendous opportunity for me to grow as a head coach. I have learned many lessons both on and off the field and experienced success thanks to the administration, the University of Louisville and the greater Louisville community.

 

“The commitment the university has made today will allow me and my staff the opportunity to build this program, develop student-athletes both academically and on the football field as we continue our quest to be a Big East champion and national championship contender,” he said.

 

C-J Story

Does anyone really think Petrino will be there 10 years?

Does anyone really think Petrino will be there 10 years?

 

I didn't before today, but I certainly think there is a chance now.

  • Author
By then, I believe that Paul will be a head coach somewhere, leaving Jeff as OC and next in line.....Imagine a Brohm as hed coach at U of L and then his son will be at Trinity right along the same timelines.
At the rate the program is progressing, I think by that time U of L will have a great chance to LURE coaches away. I think we might have bigger name options than Jeff Brohm (no offense to him.)
  • Author
I didn't before today, but I certainly think there is a chance now.
:thumb:

 

Where would he be going? The NFL can offer more money, but the deal isn't going to get a lot better in college. And he's already shown he'd be picky about an NFL deal.

I'm certain that comments from the entire UK corps will be forthcoming. Right now, they're trying to compose themselves. :D

Speaking for one Wildcat fan, I am completely composed. It really doesn't matter to me what U.L. does:D . Seriously, Congrats to the cards if this is the guy they want long term and it obviously is. I really don't think that he will remain for the length of the contract. Contracts have a way of being dissolved by either party.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.